Thread: Unable to see partitioned IDE hard drive used as slave

Unable to see partitioned IDE hard drive used as slave

well I am having Acer Aspire M1201 on which I have installed Hitachi 80 GB hard disk. I have partitioned this particular hard disk a master and trying to make Seagate ATA model st3400168 as slave . Seagate hard drive is partitioned into 8 GB and 32 GB. However I am unable to get the 32 GB partition. I want to get the that partition. Let me know if you are aware of the thing which you have mentioned over here. Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to see partitioned IDE hard drive used as slave

It is difficult to find out the root cause of the problem without knowing about certain details over here. Well let me know which operating system do you have installed on the computer of yours? Can you tell me which version of the BIOS do you having on the computer? I am suspecting that the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to BIOS issue. So tell me whether you have installed the updated version of BIOS on the computer.

Well the thing which you are looking for is not applied in partition. I mean to say there is nothing like master and slave on the partition of the hard disk. There are some old kind of partition schemes which are seems to be incompatible. Especially when you are moving to any other computer and leaving the original one. So I think you have cleared the thing which you are looking for in this particular thread.

Looking at the matter which you have mentioned over here I am suggesting following thing which would helpful to get the requirement of yours.
    • You should click on the start button and then go for Control Panel and go for Administrative Tools.
    • Now go for computer Management and go for storage Disk Management.
    • You have to right click on the drive and simple make an Active partition.
    • So try the same and let me know whether it is working or not.

Well the problem which you have mentioned over here is happening due to BIOS issue. I am suggesting that you should install the latest version of the BIOS on the system and see whether it is working or not. You can get the latest version of the BIOS from the official website of the motherboard manufacturer. Well you should download and install the BIOS on the computer. you should be really careful because any mistake might kill the motherboard of yours.

I am suggesting some useful steps which you should try and see whether it is making any difference in the situation.
    1. You should go for Administrative tool from the Control Panel and search for the Disk Management.
    2. In the Disk Management window it will show the partition hard disk on the computer.
    3. You have to right click on the hard disk which is not allowing to access the partition and select ‘Import Foreign Disks’ and simply go through the Checklist and click on the Ok button.

I think there is an issue with the hard disk. Well according to experience of mine you will be able to fix the matter by simply formatting the hard disk of yours. I don’t think so you will be able to solve the problem without formatting the hard disk. So you should format the same and see whether there is any difference in the situation. Also feel free to ask if you are looking to get further assistance from any my side.