Thread: Inserting a new SSD drive revives my old Dell Laptop

Inserting a new SSD drive revives my old Dell Laptop

Yes that’s absolutely true I am very happy that a small experiment from my side turned out perfectly well for me and hence I thought of giving this information to you all. Well my old laptop i.e. Dell e6400 has started working perfectly again, the reason for that is my new ssd. It is functioning absolutely well and I am very much happy with the performance. I replaced my 7200 RPM 80GB drive with the Intel 80GB 320 series SSD. So just wanted to share it with you all I hope you all liked it and even you can try the same procedure at the home as well if you have a old laptop with you.

Re: Inserting a new SSD drive revives my old Dell Laptop

Interesting piece of information that you have put in, well it is definitely great that you have managed to pull out that. Great good work done even I have a old laptop at my place and I am thinking that I will also get the same thing done in it as well. However I think the memory would not be sufficient. I will have to settle anywhere around 160GB of memory, however thanks for sharing such interesting piece of information with me it was really very helpful.

You have said that the laptop is revived now and it is acting like a new one. So I just want to ask in what sense? Means have you noticed anything new I nth e performance or is the storage capacity increased or what? Can you all please explain me in detail that would be much better, any benchmarking testing tool will also do so that’s what I have to say here I hope you have got the necessary information on these topic.

Guys one more thing that I would like to remind you is that make sure you have the necessary hardware support for the upgrade of the hard drive. I am saying that because it uses a LanDesk tool that scans your hardware and accordingly gets installed, if your hardware is not getting recognized then you have to make sure that you have some good cloning software tool that recognizes the hardware. So this is what I had forgot to mention above and hence I am mentioning here. So hope you all got the necessary information.

Thanks for informing about the same I will make it a point that I have a look at that and see to it that it does improve my old laptops performance. Well I am not hoping that it will improve drastically but still if it runs smoothly that’s enough for me. As such my laptop is sitting idle and it is better that if I can make some changes to the existing laptop. The posts that you all provided were quite informative for me.