Thread: Sound card and Network adapter stopped working after upgrading from XP to Windows 7

Sound card and Network adapter stopped working after upgrading from XP to Windows 7

Hey guys recently upgraded the Operating System of my Dell’s desktop PC from Windows XP to Windows 7. Both my Sound Card and the Network adaptor where working perfectly fine before the upgrade. But now they both have stopped responding. I am unable to verify what exactly is causing this problem in my Dell PC. What could be the cause for my trouble? Does anyone know what I should do now to solve this issue? Anyone with suggestions then please feel free to reply. Deeply in need of help.

Re: Sound card and Network adapter stopped working after upgrading from XP to Windows 7

First of all, I would ask you to check in your device manager whether the Sound card and the Network adapter is properly installed in your desktop PC or not. Click on Start menu (or the Windows Orb) and then go to the Control Panel. Now click on System and security link followed by clicking on Device Manager. Check here whether the Sound card and the Network adaptors are seen in the given list. If you can find both in the list, then I would recommend you to uninstall both, one after other, by right clicking on the name of the Sound card and the network adapter and then select the “Uninstall” option to uninstall both the devices. Now restart your computer. On restart your system will automatically detect both the new devices attached to the system and install them in your system.

Re: Sound card and Network adapter stopped working after upgrading from XP to Windows 7

Thank you, dude for your time and effort. It was very kind and sweet of you to spend some time reading my query and give me a suggestion which you felt would solve my issue. I tried doing as you said. But unfortunately I was unable to detect bother the Sound card and the Network adapter in the device Manager. So now what should I do? Please someone help me, because this issue is really annoying me. Your help will be appreciated like always. Thank you in advance.

As you are unable to detect any of the both devices in your device Manager, chances are high that you must have not inserted both the network adapter and the sound card properly in their respective slot in the Motherboard. It would be better if you open up your cabinet and check out and confirm the fact that both the peripheral devices are properly inserted in their respective slots. Remove them from the slot and reinsert them properly. Once you have inserted them properly, again check if you are able to detect the sound card and the network adapter.

If you ask me, according to me the problem might be with your Windows Driver. It might be possible that you might have forgotten to install the necessary drivers for your Network adapter and the sound card of your Dell Desktop PC. So I would recommend you to install all the necessary drivers from your original Dell’s Drivers CD. If you are unable to find one for your computer and the new Windows 7, then you should probably visit the store from where you purchased your Dell’s computer and purchase a new Driver’s CD for Windows’s 7 running computer. Install the necessary drivers and restart your computer to see the change.

According to me there are high chances that your network adapter and the sound card might have got corrupted because of some or other reason. You might have not taken care while removing and inserting them in their respective sockets, which might have spoilt them completely. So I would suggest you to visit the nearest Dell Service center and show your CPU to them. Let them check out completely what the real issue is with your Dell desktop PC. If your system is within the warranty period then you can get your PC repaired completely free of cost or else you will have to shell out few bucks.