Thread: Would this power supply unit be enough for the following graphic card

Would this power supply unit be enough for the following graphic card

hey techarena i have been using my desktop for a few while it is definitely not that new but i need to install a new graphic card and here are the specification of my power supply unit it is a Blue Storm 2 4oo. the AC power input it can take is 100-240 VAC ~ 6-3A 5o-60 Hz the DC output is 3.3| +5v| +12V1| +12v2| -12V|+5Vsb the max power output is 152W|that is 380W|20W respectively the options for graphics cards i have are the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT, the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT or the ATI Radeon™ HD 5750 Graphics so which one should i go for. or if there are any other cards that support and can run on my power supply unit then please let me know.

Re: Would this power supply unit be enough for the following graphic card

there are two things you must consider the first is you need to keep in mind how much amperage does the whole desktop consume and the second is that You never add up the amperage's like that. You need to make out the amperage on the |+12V| rails by first finding out what is the over all total, the maximum output range, the maximum wattage set aside for the |+12V| rails/section alone. Then divide that total by 12 and you get how much amps the PSU has on the |+12V| rail.

all you need is a new power supply why go on asking questions about instead wait for it and gather some more money to get a better power supply unit then what you already own. there is no need for any thing else at all. i think the NVIDIA GeForce 9800 GT it is a better option. if you want to go for that i think it will also run on the same power supply. though you must look for a new one if you want to go with some of the much better graphic processing units.

i have a few questions about your desktop that what is the specification/configuration of your desktop and how much time has it been since you bought it. if i do not come to know that i cannot suggest you any thing as the above poster said it all depend on the wattage of the power supply and that can be helpful for suggesting the best one out there in your case. the only thing is you can go for the NVIDIA GeForce 8800 GT if you are so wanting to buy the new one there will be no strain on your power supply unit.