Thread: Need advise on purchasing notebook battery. ?

Need advise on purchasing notebook battery. ?

Hi, I have Vox Netbook UMPC9901 Laptop , and I am having a problem with its battery as I am not getting the battery life as it was rated. I want to purchase a new battery so any suggestion? Any ideas through which we can save our battery life as it discharge itself within too short period. Even though I can’t work on it for more time when I get it outside.

Re: Need advise on purchasing notebook battery. ?

There are lot many things you can do to increase the battery life of your laptop as you have to minimize the performance and comfort. You can do it by adjusting the brightness of your LED, this will almost going to help you lots more, because it is the only thing that consumes the highest level of energy. In some of the notebook it is by default set to dim from the factory itself. If you feel that you could deal with the display being even more dimmed, then you can adjust the setting by following some steps. Firstly right click your desktop background and click on the "Properties" in that click on the "Settings" tab at the top listed. There you’ll see the advanced option, click on that there only you’ll find the option for setting up the brightness.

If you are planning to buy any new battery for your notebook, there are lots man y guides provided on internet. In that you can describe your specification, accordingly they’ll provide the suitable one to you. Basically you can search it by google also but there are many official sites over internet. Or you can download the tutorials in that users have shared their own experience.

The best way to deal with such an environment you had mentioned is to buy an external laptop battery made by a third-party company, thus you can carry it out whenever you feel you are going to do the work more outside. The main advantages of such a external battery is it can charge the device such as mobile phones etc. This battery you’ll get in the range between $150 to $500. They are actually easy to use as we can directly plug into the notebook's AC power port.

You can set the power save modes, as our windows provide lots more option in that section, you can do it by following this steps. Right click on the desktop background and click on the properties in that click on the screensaver tab, in that If you're planning on having the screen saver kick on, set it to blank from the pull down menu. Then move on to power button which you’ll find below that, by hitting that you’ll get the five different tabs though which you can set many more property regarding power option. Note that This setting is for windows XP.

You can maximize the run time of your battery, it is greatly affected by how you use your notebook, sometimes running the high performance application like burning DVDs and CDs, playing 3Dimensional games with a great graphics, this kind of program requires high processor speed that cause your computer to work harder, resulting in reduced battery run time. Otherwise keeps some important fact about it like don’t expose it to moisture or rain or directly to the sunlight. Do not open the battery case, keep it away from the children etc.