Thread: Is memory card password recoverable?

Is memory card password recoverable?

I have a Kingston memory card with memory of 2GB. I have locked my memory card using password protection for the safety of my data present in the memory card. But somehow I am not able to recover the password I have entered. I tried to enter several passwords but it’s not opening. I have many important data in it and I need them as soon as possible. I can’t wait for much longer. Is there any way to get my password without formatting the memory card?

Re: Is memory card password recoverable?

Since you have tried entering different passwords many times, don’t try it again. It may block your memory card. Just do one thing, Plug your memory card into a Nokia phone, go to file manager in your mobile, then in the settings option choose system folders, in this folder you will see many files present in it, just check for a file named "MMCSTORE", send that file to your computer using Bluetooth, then open the notepad, you will see your password present in that file. Now you can access your memory card.

If you are using Nokia phones, then you need not to worry much about your password recovery. You have heard an application viz.; FExplorer. This application basically helps you to get your lost password. Firstly, download the application from the internet, transfer it to your phone and install it. Once installed, go to ‘C’ disk and then click on the ‘system’ folder. Scroll down to find ‘mmcstore’ and open it using the editor (click on options: file -Editor/Viewer)

Always try to remember from which shop you bought your memory card. Since memory card is very small thing and hardly people remember the shop from where they bought memory card. The shop’s selling memory cards may have various official software’s of various companies that help’s to recover your memory card password. Yes, they do charge some amount for your password recovery but you can finally access your memory card and get your important data’s.

If, finally none of the methods work to recover your passwords, you can use a new gadget that is available in the market i.e. USB Memory Card Unlocker. This gadget helps you to achieve your lost password immediately. Yes, this gadget is costly and its price is $15.99. But this gadget is highly effective to gain your password and of course spending some money to achieve your important data is better than losing your data.