Thread: Graphics Adapter Conflict after Installing Windows 7

Graphics Adapter Conflict after Installing Windows 7

I hope that I will get help from you people over here. Below is the specification for my laptop.
    • Toshiba Satellite P300 (PSPCCC-0K501C)
    • Windows 7 Home Premium 64-Bit
    • Intel Core 2 Duo P7350 Ghz
    • 4.00 GB RAM
    • Graphics Adapter: ATI Mobility Radeon HD 3650

I have recently changed to Windows 7 from Windows Vista. Now I am getting some warning message which is as below:

"The Catalyst Control Center is not supported by the driver version of your enabled graphics adapter. Please update your ATI graphics driver, or enable your ATI adapter using the Displays Manager."

If I go to the Device Manager and click the Display Manager then I am able to right click on graphics adapter that indicates it is previously enabled. Then why it is showing me this issue. Please help me. Thank you so much in advance.

Re: Graphics Adapter Conflict after Installing Windows 7

I think the driver in your computer is outdated and it is the reason that it is giving you that error message. So check for this condition first and if you fount it true then you also know that what you have to do. Just update it to the latest version of that available on internet and it can resolve the issue that you are facing. This is one of the most possible reason for this and updating the driver will solve the problem that you are facing.

The Catalyst Control Center requires the Microsoft .NET Framework that has to be installed as well. You will require uninstalling the Catalyst Control Center/Driver totally previous to re installing the entire package afterward restart. Other than these confirm you are installing the windows updates as well. This is an ordinary problem and in general determined through doing this. Double check the whole things listed and tell me that how you climb on, I know it’s a ache but I actually believe this is the problem here.

Go to device manager find the graphics adapter as well as uninstall driver after right clicking on that then go to this link with the complete package as well as download plus install after that you have to restart your computer. Then recheck manager device that all is well. if he was there he would be called catalyst control manager ATI, but obviously does not have this part installed anyway, the issue here.

All I can suggest is to uninstall the driver and run the full software package to install the ATI driver / Catalyst Control Manager. If they say they are uncomfortable doing this, so if you wanted to install the package anyway I do not recommend unless the elimination of all traces of previous installation of the driver after that depends on you to do it this way can be well again as I did not know what they have always shown support for ATI and suggested on its website.