Thread: Error: "Refer to printer documentation" on HP Photosmart C5280

Error: "Refer to printer documentation" on HP Photosmart C5280

I have windows 7 on mine system and I have purchased the HP Photosmart C5280 and connected to the system. Now I have small issue on mine HP Photosmart C5280 printer. When I turn on the printer I get the following error message:” Refer to printer documentation”. Now I am not able to take printout and I am not able work on that. Can anyone suggest on this and so that I can solve mine issue.

Re: Error: "Refer to printer documentation" on HP Photosmart C5280

I'd suggest that you follow these steps: Start with the passage of basic troubleshooting. Most of the problems that come with printers are associated with drivers. Check the printer driver’s works fine from the device manager. If there is no warning sign, in addition to trying to solve problems, click the Troubleshoot button in the properties tab. follow the directions to guide you through the process. Uninstall the drivers again if necessary and get them to upgrade to the latest version.

I'd suggest checking the USB cable that connects the printer and the system. This type of problem may arise if the equipment is not capable of communicating with the appropriate printer, which is possible due to a faulty cable. I would like to suggest you to change the printer connection ports because there may issues due to the ports that are connected. Now once you changed and after that go through your issue. I hope this will help you.

I have gone through this same issue and I would like to suggest you to check the cartridges. The printer giving this error due to the issue of cartridges as well and I would like to suggest you to take away the cartridges and fresh the area linking the printer with a fresh dry cloth. Also see if the contacts of the printer and cartridges are suitable or not. Clean the contacts on the cartridges with a clean cloth and alcohol. Now, replace the cartridge back into the slot and restart the printer. Now try to print something, it will work.

I have faced the same issue and I gone through the some of the solution but I didn’t got the any solution and finally I checked if the cartridges have a bit of ink left in them and get them filled if necessary. This error occurs especially if the cartridge is empty or if the printer is not able to access them. The nossels of the cartridges sometimes lumps in the throat that leads to failure of the cartridge. Check if the cartridges if you do not block the nose and clean if necessary. I hope this will help you.