Thread: HP IQ 500 series touchscreen not responding

HP IQ 500 series touchscreen not responding

I am having this monitor model and having some problem with that. Actually I turn on my computer then I am not able to get into BIOS or cannot do anything on it. I can just hear windows start up sound and once it is up then I be able to touch screen and beep and it click on folders otherwise something as I finger it. My query is could this just be the video card problem otherwise will the whole screen which ought to be changed. I would be grateful for some information that somebody wants to provide on these touch screen monitors. Thank You.

Re: HP IQ 500 series touchscreen not responding

Are you using the Windows 7 on your computer? You can see for the Touch Screen as well as Input Devices within the Control Panel and make certain that it is not disabled otherwise check the device manager for problems there and make sure if it is enabled and functioning correctly. I hope that this post will help you in any way to resolve the problem that you are facing with your system. Please reply back if it helps you.

If you want to check that if the issue is with the video card then you can change the video card slot in your computer and then try to boot your computer over again. It is possible that the connection to the video card and the motherboard is not proper and that is the reason for that. Changing the driver slot will resolve the problem. Try this and this will make clear that problem is on monitor side or video card side.

This is one of those in one PC, where the display is integrated into the system. Something like a laptop with a touchscreen puzzled. If there is no solution through adjustments, and is a hardware problem you may have to take to repair. An expert in hardware may be better able to help and one will come. This will be the best and safest way out of trouble.