Thread: Putting game CD on CD/DVD drive freezes computer

Putting game CD on CD/DVD drive freezes computer

Recently my CD / DVD have been started creating problem for me. Some of the CDs like applications CD work well, however when I put in a game disc will not play automatically. Therefore I have to go to My Computer and click the left or right on the D: drive where I can see clearly the name of the game CD I put there it freezes up on me but when I take out the game CD from my computer drive then it unfreezes it. Please tell me that what can be the problem with it and how can this be resolved?

Re: Putting game CD on CD/DVD drive freezes computer

This is seems to be the driver problem in your computer and so it is not able to run some particular type of CD in your computer. So the first thing that you need to do is to look for the updated driver on internet and if that is available then you can simply update the driver and see if it resolves the issue. There are high chances that it will solve the problem for your DVD drive. Try this and check if it can help you.

Here's a small experiment that will assist us. What you will have to do is trying playing a DVD if you have one, if not, see if there is one more game that is the DVD and see if it works. The idea is to see if the DVD optical is working well or not. Then do the same with CD's (although they have stated that the CD is fine). This is the simple test that that you can carry out to make sure that the optical reader in your DVD drive is functioning properly.

You could try making use of the CD/DVD Lens Cleaning Kit that you must be able to get extremely cheap as of any reasonable computer shop but take care that you follow the instructions properly. If you over perform the cleaning then there is possibility that you will smash up the lens. This is the most common solution that anyone can suggest you and this is the most basic one and you should try it first. Good Luck.