Thread: Spin up time for hard drive?

Spin up time for hard drive?

I have some difficulty through my hard drive and temp of the old dell dimension 4700. I tried the diagnostic on my computer and it reports that my hard drive spin-up time was sluggish and the interior temp is 115 degrees. It was saying that I required back-up the entire files of in case of a HD failure. My problem is, how and what do I require for the back up? When it tells back up all files then does this denote my OS as well? One more thing is internal temp. What is the temp should be?

Re: Spin up time for hard drive?

I think the hard disk you are using is facing a looming failure. You have to buy a new hard drive to clone the failing drive. Disk clone will be replicated throughout the unit. Your operating system along with all software and data are copied to the new drive. This is just what came in my mind at the time. I hope that there will be more replies on this soon. Thank you.

This looks like your system is functioning at the temperatures that are a little elevated. Heat is probably the cause of hard drive failure, but it is not. It is possible that the reverse of this is true it is that unity is the cause of heat. We will not know until it is replaced. As Windows 7 on a computer that suggest old run the Windows Upgrade Advisor before attempting an upgrade. Either drive sizes you mentioned would be fine with Windows 7; all depends on how much data you want to have their own disk.

Regarding temperature, it is possible that the hard drive is causing the increase. (Because the return time.) I was not implying anything by saying that heat is the least likely to kill a hard drive. An operating system can be installed on a 20GB hard drive with ease, but you really want 80 GB + (if you're planning on using the cloning method. According to that will require at least the size of the area used to clone for example, if it is a 250GB hard drive and 25% is used (75GB), use a 80 GB disk or larger.

I don’t think that you can control the spin time of the hard disk. It totally depends on the hard drive or the use of the hard drive. Every time system tried to make use of the data either for viewing or for editing then it is normal that it will spin. So you should not worry regarding that and yes the thing which needs to be considered is that the temperature. You can make use of some cooling system and that will protect your computer from overheating.