Thread: Thermalright Sliver Arrow heatsink for gaming

Thermalright Sliver Arrow heatsink for gaming

I want to buy this Silver Arrow Heatsink, the reason behind is the better cooling support for my system. I had found that in some places the systems gets too much heated. This is one when I play online games. It has been never crashed but in future I do not want my processor to burn out. What you suggest for the same. I am also planing to overclock my processor and run it on maximum performance. Thanks in advance.

Re: Thermalright Sliver Arrow heatsink for gaming

In my choice you must go for this. Thermalright has an elite design and also the company intends to provide high quality cooling component at an affordable price. If you are going for an overclocking stuff then there is always a need for a better cooling support. So it is not wrong to go with an costly cooling support. Cooling is now being come under more flash light as overclocking has become a major issue. You must go for the right cooling support for the same.

Thermalright Silver Arrow is a giant cooler of aluminum and copper, is equipped with four heat pipes and the ability to incorporate up to three fans of 120 mm or 140 mm. I had ordered the same and this is really nice. Everything is perfectly packaged in sealed bags, each separated perfectly content, AMD on one side and Intel on the other. It also includes thermal paste. The fans supplied are 2 units of 140x160x26 mm, 5 mm TY140, which can operate between a range of 900 to 1,300 rpm which are enough strong to derive heat out.

The heat sink have two bodies which an a thin layer of nickel, the heat pipes protrude from the heatsink fins. This heatsink uses four heat pipes with a diameter of 8 mm U-shaped. The base is perfectly finished, is made of copper with a nickel coating, the base is designed to ensure perfect heat dissipation of the processor. It looks splendid, but check carefully before purchase your plate and do not cause problems with the various components of the motherboard or peripherals.

The cpu fan is needed only when if you are going to overclock your processor. There is limitation of the regular cpu power supply which is will just let your cpu to work at 60-70 degree and if you increase the clock rate it can reach to 100 and lies at 70 on idle. Other things is that if you are going for an much higher overlcocking support then you must have a better psu support also. The power supply plays a major role in cooling your system quickly.

I found this as best cooler for Intel Core i7-920 processor. The cooler to a high compatible, high stability, which includes two 140 mm fans that also has a very low noise level. The only drawback may be for you the size, due to possible shocks that may have to other elements of the plate or peripheral. The cooler is nice but before going for this you must also go and choose for an higher model if your system is going to run intel core i9.