Thread: MAC CaC Card Readers

MAC CaC Card Readers

I am having the 10.6.6 installed on my Macbook Air. It is able to make out the cac card reader but cac card certificates failed to turn up within Keychain. I have faced the similar difficulty by means of a Macbook Pro and have utilized two dissimilar cac card readers. The readers functions through Windows with the help of the similar cac card. I cannot understand that what the problem with it is. Can anyone help me to get out of the issue? Thank you so much in advance for reading and replying to this.

Re: MAC CaC Card Readers

As we need to provide the USB connection to it in order to make it work and if you are having the problem with its connection then there is possibility that the USB driver is not properly installed in your machine. So make sure that you have installed the latest USB driver and if not then upgrade it to the latest version of it. After that again try to make the connection and this time you might not get the issues like this. Good Luck!!!

Common Access Cards are regular recognition for dynamic duty military people, civilian employees as well as a few contractors. They are used not only for recognition but also for safety as well as data encryption while working through computer systems beneath DoD control. If that is not working in your case then you can contact to the manufacturer and they will help you to resolve this problem. I hope you will be out of the issue soon.

Mac OS X and is compatible with common access cards except DirectControl has to hold up a step further by allowing system administrators to use group functions in Active Directory to ensure that Mac OS X operating systems on the network is attached security policies of the organization. DirectControl supports Mac OS X, Unix and Linux to work as Active Directory clients. DirectControl supports line-in and in line with smart cards.

Many IT departments are concerned with providing only the minimum absolute support for the Mac that can only activate. They do not care about providing Mac users with the best support possible. Tools like this are not likely to improve the situation compatible with Mac because instead of IT personnel really learn about the Mac and Mac OS can now just sit on your Windows PC and have more control over Mac users “There is some work on a Mac user? Well, it works on my PC so it should be a problem for Mac These IT department's secret plan is to support the poor in the hope that Mac users will eventually get so tired of the poor compatible with Mac and ends switching to PC. Then the IT department to say "We try to provide support for Mac, but PC users asked for anyway. That must mean you prefer the PC."