Thread: No Output from Video Card

No Output from Video Card

I've been trying to solve this for several days and it is driving me crazy so that my video card stops working randomly after reboot is a 8600GTS I connected the VGA cable into the port on board and got a screen I thought it might have been fried to remove the card and put it on another computer and it worked great, so I tried to have a video card from another computer and tried it on mine and it worked without any problem I changed the settings video adapter in the BIOS and tried to clean the windows drivers reinstalled and still nothing is like my mother is ignoring the video card because other video cards running on my computer and it works on other computers 8600GTS. any ideas?

Re: No Output from Video Card

First of all, you will have to check that if you are able to see the Video Card in the device manager otherwise Belarc advisor and try to resolve the problem from there. It is the only place from where you will be able to resolve the issue according to me. I hope that someone will come up with the advanced solution for this if you are not able to resolve this by device manager. Good Luck!!!

I think that video card that you are using is not installed properly in your computer and so it is showing you that issue. If you want to check that then you can try to connect that to some other available slot on your motherboard and see if that is working for you or not. This is one of the most possible reasons for this and I wish that changing the slot will solve the issue for you.

I have only one PCI-E x16 or whatever and I tried a different video card in the same slot and it worked perfect just the video card does not require 6-pin connector that requires the 8600GTS. In trying to solve this problem I realized that there is a clip of game at the fan / heat sink on the CPU socket that is not carried out properly in place while the tower is vertical, this could be the problem? The only things that I realized I could be doing this are that broken clip or a power supply die and they have ruled out almost any possibility. Also I was running the video card without problems for 2 years or more before this happens so keep that in mind.

A broken clip on the CPU can be the cause, but if it was then that it would not work with another card either. How much power is the power supply are you using? Running a card for a few years older I would say that this new card requires more power but without knowing what the older card was that you cannot compare the power. See if this post helps you in any manner. You can reply back if it is not helpful so that we can give you some other solution.

If more than one PCI-E are sure you are using correct? The right would be the closest to the CPU. Strange how the card works in another computer, but not in yours, I would think it is something simple like this or the power connections. I hope that this will resolve the problem for you. If you are having any further query then please post it back. We are always here to help you.