Thread: CPU spikes in sleep mode

CPU spikes in sleep mode

Hello friends. Greetings to all. I hope you all are doing well. Something is irritating me a lot friends. Help would be fruitful to me. I have installed new windows 7 on to my system.. It appears that when I leave my laptop alone to go into sleep mode, the CPU keeps spiking at somewhat unsystematic periods. Occasionally it spikes to 30% on one core just for a second. I am not able to understand why such a thing is happening. Is it normal friends? Please suggest. Thanks

Re: CPU spikes in sleep mode

Hey mate I would advocate you that you should run a full scan of Microsoft security essentials, Malwarebytes anti malware, and Spybot search and destroy. I feel that would surely help you out to resolve the issue. I will also suggest you that you should run disk cleanup in order to read-through all boxes with the exception of Compress old files. Also, I would recommend you to run defrag. I have shared my knowledge with you, hoping it helps you out in some way or the other.

Hey I would like to query you whether or not previous to the reformat have you ever experienced something like these spikes which you are talking about. It may be because you must not have paid much concentration on it. Also ,I am hoping that nothing has went wrong in your windows 7 installation and you have performed the steps in an appropriate manner. In addition to the above, If you have file sharing software like Kazaa then my advise will be that you disable it.

Hello buddy. Can tell something about the discussion going on. I would like to bring to your notice that Windows 7 is by extreme the least calm of the Windows operating systems. Thus, in the process, I feel that it is common for it to spike like that as it indexes or displays some other reactions.On the other hand there are many people who are unaware that we still must discover and install drivers for our machines even though Windows 7 seems to have found them all. I hope this helps.

Hey I agree to the above example. It is indeed well said. I would enlighten you on that by displaying you with an example. I am saying that from my personal experience. My previous install had me install Intel's storage manager despite the fact that I did not have Redundant array of independent disks. You furthermore write spybot which clashes with some applications in the present day. I would without any second that would recommend you to do away with it.

Hello dude. I am fine and hoping the same at your end too. Looking at the above replies, I am sure that you must have got the scheme of the things and hoping that you must have resolved the issue. Anyways, I take the opportunity and I will imply you that you should more often than not, make use of linux partition. Also, I hope that you have all the drivers installed and you haven’t missed out on any. I hope my post proves useful to you. Thank You.