Thread: Snow Leopard not able to find driver for HP LaserJet 1020

ali Guest

Snow Leopard not able to find driver for HP LaserJet 1020

Hi, I bought the HP LaserJet 1020 printer at Costco a few years ago and have been working hard on Leopard after downloading a driver called "HP LaserJet 1022 Series" of one of the HP sites. After installing the driver and the decision to add a printer, the HP LaserJet 1020 is selected and worked on Leopard. Snow Leopard will not discover a driver for HP LaserJet 1020 and have not a Gutenprint. Leopard with the downloaded driver cause a fault as soon as trying to add the printer. Does this printer still support for Snow Leopard? Please?

Re: Snow Leopard not able to find driver for HP LaserJet 1020

I know that this printer did not have official support for Mac, but it obviously worked very well for many with the 1022 series controller. I guess it will be a pilot from 1022 to Snow Leopard. When released, would be great if it happens to work with the 1020, like the original version of 1022 driver did. I think he understands that this would be an unsupported configuration. In the event that this will never happen (for whatever reason), HP can somebody please post here within this sense that people at least be acquainted with what to expect?

This possibly will not labor for you and possibly will potentially screw up your Snow Leopard install (even though that's almost certainly pretty unlikely). Download the two files which I mentioned below One is a text file through the instructions and the additional is a .zip file - expand it and you will discover the Automator app I explain within the text file. For Your Information this app does not perform the install for you (although I wish it did) - it's simply to help through a small bit once you've acquire the whole thing done. Please post back in the company of your system config and whether or not it performs. I am going to be around today - I'll try to get back to any quick questions.
    Attached Files Attached Files

ali Guest

I am grateful that you made the effort to gather these instructions and then look for people who need help here through HP messages. I tip my hat to you, and I mean that sincerely. the most articulately described out there right now is to download a file of 750 MB, the installation of multiple applications, and appears to have persistent errors once in force (i.e., requires unplugging / plugging the USB cable, etc). This will not go over well in homes where not all family members is an expert in technology and / or have the patience to go through a disconnect and reconnect power-off/power-on song and dance ever he / she wants to print something. Please HP; give us something easy to use and compatible!

When I try to print a document in anything, including a test page, the first document is connected to the base station, said printer list, and then appears to print but nothing prints. Any printing will only pause the printer. I tried all the tricks you can imagine. Restart the printer, power the printer without the cable connected, turn the devices individually, turn on two devices connected together. Nothing seems to work. Can you provide more details about the airport, which is extreme or express? And I can give details about the procedure which led to the power of the printer, connect the cable and turn the base station. Also, I'm assuming that the USB is connected directly to the base station and not a center of some sort.