Thread: Shorter PSU in the 500-700 watt range

Shorter PSU in the 500-700 watt range

I am looking for a PSU that should preferably modular and shorter in size. Also the PSU should be in the range of 500-700 watt range and that does not exceed 150 mm in depth. Along with that it still needs to be a standard ATX but the case I'm putting it in is the Q08. I have heard that a power supply that is 160mm or longer will bump into the hard drive cage.So can you please do get back to me on this as I am waiting for the solutions.

Re: Shorter PSU in the 500-700 watt range

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I really found it very interesting.I would say that this is something that I have searched for and found out that the only one I could find so far was the Cooler Master Silent Pro 700W modular PSU which I do feel that is a very good options as of now. Also I feel that there is a 150 mm in depth. So that should be really be enough for you all. Also I would like to know that do you have any other options that might be cheaper and or better? If yes then there are again some other options you can go ahead with.

I feel that if you are certainly looking for cheaper and or better options then there might be some PSU’s that are really very good that you should have. I feel that the Corsair 750TX are 160mm and that seems to be the ultimate choice as of now. So I really feel that this are a few options that do really seem to b e the best at the moment. Also at the same time I think the about options also looks to be worthy enough right now.

I would say that there are several people who have decided to go for the Silverstone Strider Plus 500W and feel that for their Lian Li PC-Q11 and PC-Q08 builds they are actually a very good options.Also I do feel that there seems to fit just fine and then there wont be any problem al all.Also I do feel that theer has plenty of power for most sandy bridge along with the mid range graphics card setups.So this is what I do feel that you should certainly go for.

I feel that if you go ahead with the Silverstone ST50F-P then there wont be any kind of problems. I have been using then from a long time and feel that ti is the best and it doesn't have any problems at all.So I would say that it would be better if you go ahead with them .At the same time the length is at around 140 mm so there is not much of a difference.And it runs at the 500watt to 700 watt range that you wish for.So in all it really looks a very good option.So I feel that this is the one that looks best to me at this stage.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have put up and would say that this is something that I was looking out for.I just had a look at the solutions that you have put up and would say that I am very happy with the solutions.I will definitely go ahead with them and then I guess that all will be fine with me.So finally I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided to me to solve the problem that I was facing.