Thread: White stuff in brand new Corsair PSU

White stuff in brand new Corsair PSU

I got a new PSU today and I was really excited about it. I was looking for this from a long time and now it has finally arrived and I am really very happy about it. Also this PSU is of Corsair and I was in particular looking for this one only. Now the problem is that when I opened the new Corsair PSU I found something white in it. I don’t know what it is but I am really concerned about it. So can you please tell me what I need to do to solve the problem that I am facing?

Re: White stuff in brand new Corsair PSU

Looking at the question that you have put up I do feel that this is something that is quite strange. I don’t find any reason why you will get to see something white in a brand new Corsair. So I feel that there must be something wrong with the PSU. Or even I do feel that whatever you are saying about the white stuff I just assume that it may be some sort of glue to stop the coils from high frequency vibration like the coil noise that are present. If they actually turn out to be the same then there wont be any issues.

Thanks a lot for the immediate replies that you have given and would say that I am happy with the solutions that you have given. I also feel that it might really be something that is sort of glue to stop the coils from high frequency vibration like the coil noise.I just fear that that it is not some sort of blown capacitor or something horrific?Also do get back to me on this to let me know if there are some other options other than this are present.

Yes even I feel that it is normal and you don’t have to worry much about it. Also I do feel that this is actually a sort of glue to stop the coils from high frequency vibration .So this is its function and again I’ll tell you that you don’t have to worry much about it . This is like the coil noise that are present.Even after this if you feel that this is not true then you can definitely go ahead with the Corsair people and then just ask then what needs to be done and get out of the confusion that you are in.

I would say you that this is all normal and you don’t have to worry at all about it. I would say that I have seen something like this on all types of PSUs from cheap to high end ones. So there is no harm in it.And as someone pointed out before that if you still want a conformation on it then you can definitely go ahead by calling some technical people and get it done.That will definitely help you to get away with the problem that you are facing.