Thread: Is there any need to use Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver if I won't use RAID?

Is there any need to use Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver if I won't use RAID?

Hello guys I am having one query against my board performance, is there any need of Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver if I won't use RAID. It's one of the drivers resting on my ASUS CD. I contain an ssd and a storage drive plugged within SATA ports, nevertheless I won't be performing several RAID stuff. Would this driver still distress something at all for me? Please help me to solve this confusion I try to find about it but not able to find appropriate information thank you.

Re: Is there any need to use Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver if I won't use RAID?

I cannot run the Intel RST attack. You need it? I really do not think so. I would recommend the toolbox SSD. That will change some settings to increase performance and extend their SSD life. You possibly will want the Intel SSD Toolbox slightest. As long as you have the chipset drivers installed, then I think it will affect performance. I hope now you are clear with your confusion if you are still confused then search it on Google I am sure you will get appropriate information thank you.

Re: Is there any need to use Intel Rapid Storage Technology Driver if I won't use RAID?

I was with the most up-to-date drivers from Intel 6 series chipset intended for my DP67BG and AHCI driver that I contain a 7.8 WEI intended for my SSD. Well, at what time I decided to install the latest driver for fast storage of my WEI dropped to 7.7 and my ATTO reading scores were also slightly lower. I went back to the 6 series AHCI driver. I perceive no advantage to my PC at what time using Intel Rapid Storage Technology. So I don’t think so it’s helpful thank you.

Intel Rapid Storage Technology presents fresh levels of protection, performance and scalability for desktop and mobile platforms. If the use of one or more hard drives, users can take advantage of better presentation and lower power consumption. When using more than one unit, the user may have additional protection against data loss in case of hard drive failure. Intel Rapid Storage Technology provides benefits to users of a single unit as well. Through AHCI, storage recital is superior through Native Command Queuing (NCQ). AHCI also provides increased battery life to Link Power Management (LPM), which is able to decrease power consumption chipset and Serial ATA (SATA) hard drive.

Does the AHCI driver unconnectedly, or simply do not come in the company of the installation of the chipset? I do not quite understand what AHCI is and what to perform. I have facilitated within the BIOS, and I've read superior, however that's all I be acquainted with. I installed the "Intel Chipset Driver from the list of drivers on my Asus CD. So I don't need to perform whatever thing else concerning AHCI? They had no difference in WEI, including the driver RST front do not have it installed. Has an identical score of 7.2 for hard disk and 5.9 used for the entire (there were 5.9 for graphics and memory class.)

If the AHCI driver is installed as part of the driver package 6 series chipset. Of course, you must first enable AHCI for the SATA controller in the BIOS. You can check you have installed the AHCI driver to enter the Device Manager and then click the IDE ATA / ATAPI. It is supposed to be listed, usually as a SATA AHCI driver. Not sure of the usefulness of WEI is to judge the performance dissimilarity - if that's what we're trying to compare, probably better with a real bench.