Thread: HP C4700 Fatal error: MSI.netdevicemanager40, driver installation failed

HP C4700 Fatal error: MSI.netdevicemanager40, driver installation failed

Hello everyone, recently I had installed windows 7 64x OS and then I try to add HP C4700 printer. At the time of installing the printer I received the fatal error MSI.netdevicemanager40 and I don’t know the actual meaning of this fatal error. I need help to solve this fatal error and add printer onto the system. Please explain the meaning of this error and also gives the solutions to solve this error. Any type of help will be appreciates.

Re: HP C4700 Fatal error: MSI.netdevicemanager40, driver installation failed

Hey dude, I think you need to try reinstall this printer over the system and before starting the installation process check the driver of the printer is supported with the windows 7 64x OS. Some cases this happens that we use the window XP compatible driver over the windows 7 OS and then it gives error message. Hence before starting installation process check the driver is compatible with the win 7 64x and if not then download and install it onto the system.

I want to tell you one specific solutions which is work in many times. Whenever we are trying to install the printer then we use the OS inbuilt driver for installation. I think you need to don’t use this inbuilt driver and just help the driver CD of the printer. This CD is come at the time of purchasing the printer. Then if you had the driver CD then use that CD and install the driver of the printer. This might be help you to avoid such kind of fatal error.

I also faced the similar kind of issue and I never know the meaning and solutions of this error. Then I call the HP support staff and after discussing on this topic I understand the issue and the solution of this issue. This kind of fatal error generated because of the Microsoft issue. Whenever we install the printer then that printer occupy some memory onto the system. This kind of fatal error is generates because of the Microsoft will not able to occupy the memory. The HP service engineer helps me to solve this issue.

I tried installing this HP C4700 printer into mine colleagues other computer which has Windows XP operating system and it installed without giving any type of error. I didn't try printing or scanning anything using this printer but I just wanted to see if it would install. Then I got the actual issue. Then I think that the issue is presents in the windows 7 64x OS and hence I had reinstall this OS and then try to install the printer. Surprisingly the fatal error will be occurred in this time.

Hey dude, I think you need to first check this printer is properly installed on the other computer or not. If the same issue is occurred in other then the issue is present in the printer otherwise the windows 7 64x OS you install is might be not supports this printer. In this case, you need to upgrade this window 7 64x OS. This helps you to solve this kind of fatal error. Several times this kind of solutions is work and the fatal error of the installation process is to be removed.

Hey dude, you need to check other printer is installing on this system or not. If other printer is easily install on the system then the issue is present on the HP printer. May be there could be possibility that the win 7 64x will not be compatible with the HP printer. If this printer is not compatible then you need to replace that printer with other compatible printer or just install the printer compatible OS such as windows XP, win vista. Sometimes this kind of solutions is work and the issue is solved.