Thread: Unable to Scan with HP Envy 100 in Mac OS.

Unable to Scan with HP Envy 100 in Mac OS.

Hello everyone, I am here to solve one problem with you all, I am using HP Envy with Mac operating system, and I am unable to scan to computer from it. Whenever I am selecting scan option within it, I am getting message describing that how to set this up on a windows. I checked on the official website of Mac also, but for the time being it is working but after some time, automatically it gets stuck and again giving the same problem. my Mac Os is MacBook pro’s 2, Netcom router with Apple Time Machine. Printing works fine but scanning is not working, can anyone tell me what to do now? Thanks a lot in advance.

Re: Unable to Scan with HP Envy 100 in Mac OS.

Hello, well looking at your case, I have one solution for you. When I was having the same problem I did the following things. I just visited the Hp website, where the suggestions were written, after that I uninstalled the HP software, and dumped preferences, repaired disk permissions and again installed the correct HP updated software which I download from website. I also did HP printer update using software update and after that I gave manual IP address. When I used those steps it started to work for me. As per my advice you must try this steps. I hope you will solve your problem. All the Best.

Hello friends, I hope that above function must have worked for you, if the above simple step doesn’t work for you, then try this, I hope that it will solve your problem. after following the steps mentioned in above post, I think scan function will find your Mac but Scan-back software on the Mac will not work properly. So just do one thing, you might have the wireless router, just restart it and again try to manually connect with scanner and printer. And check canner is working or not. It will work, All the Best!

Hello everyone, I have recently read on the Mac website, and I am feeling glad to inform you that this problem is going to solve now. Many drivers for HP printers are built into MAC OS X operating systems, you can connect printer, simply by adding them into the printer list, which is available through Apple updates. Once you do the Apple update you will be able to add printer in list will become easier, so just wait for some time and keep on updating Mac OS. Hp is going to update this very soon. All the Best! And if you solve your problem then reply to this post.

Hello friends, I also want to share some more about this scanner issue. I did some search on it because one of my friend was having the same problem, so for him I did it, and I am writing that important notice here which I got from the HP. If you have installed the printer cum scanner on you MacBook, then HP utility print manager and HP Photo smart version 10.4 and HP scan imaging software, these software’s are not available to download separately. These drivers are already available in Mac OS. So if you are downloading it individually and installing it then don’t do it, just uninstall it and do the Mac Os update, you will solve your problem. All the Best!

Hello everyone, above update is perfectly true, and those who are having the same problem, all should wait for the above mentioned update. But if anyone has some important work with scan and print then for the time being I have one solution for that. Just follow the below written steps:

• Uninstall HP software from MAC OS.
    • Restart the laptop
    • Download new HP software with more update
    • Install the software
    • Do not allow Mac to download new drivers

By not allowing Mac to update it will work properly, so just try this and see your problem is solving or not.