Thread: HP Photosmart C4780 unable to scan

HP Photosmart C4780 unable to scan

I have purchased the HP photosmart C4780 for my computer which have windows 7 in it. Which includes scanner, printer, and copier But I have use the scanner for one time only after that it is not working again I don’t know what is wrong with that. When I put a paper in it and when I close the lid and trying to scan it. When I click on scan at that it give me ERROR that like scan error and it says try scan from computer or see the file location folder. Now io don’t know what to do now with this problem. Please suggest me some solution which helps me. To solve it.

Re: HP Photosmart C4780 unable to scan

If you are not able to use your photosmart after using it one time then I suggest you to check the proper connection of it with your computer. Make sure all the cable are connected with your computer properly and then restart your computer again after that try to use it again. If the problem was occurred because of that then it will be solved and you will be able to use it without any problem, so check it first and let me know your problem is solved or not?

After reading your post I have checked all the cable and connection again but even after that I am not able to use it. After it not worked I tried to it with another computer also but when I connect it with another computer it works perfectly and it was not giving any error message there. So now I am not able to understand that what is wrong with my computer. Please tell me what the procedure to solve this problem is, any help will be appreciated. Thank you.

As you have told that you are getting the problems only on your computer. But in other computer it is working properly. It means there is something wrong with your computer only. Just do one thing uninstall the drivers of your photosmart and then restart your computer and then install the drivers again and after that restart the computer once again. After that you will not face any more problem with your computer also and you will be able to use the photosmart.

If you don’t want to reinstall the drivers again then I have one better solution for you to solve this problem. Just do according to these steps.
    • First you need to reload the scan destination
    • After that go to HP official site and download the Fix utility.
    • After downloading the Fix utility run it. It will rectify all the problems.

Once its done. After that try to use your photosmart once again now you will not find any problem with that.

Hey Guys thank you so much for valuable time. I have finally fix this problem. After checking all the connection and doing all the possible solution. I have downloaded the FIX utility from HP website and run that utility in my system and it has solved my problem amazingly, actually there was registry problem with that and Fix utility has rectified whole problem. So now all the things are going smoothly and I am able to do all the things which I wanted to do. So thank you once again.