Thread: No response from Toshiba L500 keyboard

No response from Toshiba L500 keyboard

Hi friends, I expect you can assist by means of this difficulty. The battery goes flat on laptop prior to I had possibility to shut down it. Now the keyboard is not responding, not even function keys to go to the setup screen. The touchpad is working fine though therefore I can exercise through the mouse. An additional keyboard functions when plugged inside USB port. I have seen the device manager and it says that keyboard is working properly and there is no divergence. I have followed many of the recommendation I found but nothing helped me. Please help.

re: No response from Toshiba L500 keyboard

The very first thing that you need to check is that if it is under warranty or not. If that is under warranty period then you will not have to do anything to it. Just let it to the dealer and tell him the issue that you are facing. If they resolve the issue then it is really good but if they fail to help you then you can let this matter directly to the manufacturer and as this is under warranty then they will fix it for free.

I think that the driver which is installed for the keyboard is out of date or corrupted and that is the reason that you are facing this issue. Just search for the latest release of the driver and if you found that it is available then install that to your computer. This will replace the existing corrupted driver from your computer and as a result of that the issue will also be resolved. I hope that this will resolve the problem that you are facing.

You can try to reboot and see if it makes any difference. Turn the unit off, unplug the AC adapter laptop, remove the battery, press as well as hold the power button for 30 seconds, replace the battery and AC, the power as soon as you see news logo Toshiba 'F2' key to enter the BIOS, under "Press F9 to load configuration settings to their default values, 'F10' to save and exit, go into Windows and test the integrated keyboard.

There are very less chances for this but it can be also possible that the operating system that you are having installed in your computer is having some issue with that. So first you should try to do all the possible solution for this and if none of them seems to work for you then you can try to repair the system. If that also does not help you then you are left you only one option and that is to do the clean install of the operating system. Check if that helps you or not.

Re: No response from Toshiba L500 keyboard

Toshiba laptops are very fussy about only with the supplied Toshiba hardware drivers, strange things can happen otherwise. I recommend changing Windows Update to allow manual updates only. When checking for updates, Windows Update never let you change any of the Toshiba hardware drivers provided. Click "Start - All Programs Windows Update" in the left menu, click "Change settings, click" critical updates "from the dropdown menu to the right, select" Never check for updates (not recommended) 'and click' OK '.