Thread: Strange Battery/Charging Situation. What could be wrong?

Strange Battery/Charging Situation. What could be wrong?

This morning, my laptop is connected and charging, I noticed my battery power seems to be tiring, but showed it was charging. I unplug the AC adapter and connected again and then showed it was not charging and the lights were not lit. I tried to disconnect and connect the control connections, and using different outlets, but I could not work. I brought it to Radio Shack and tested my AC adapter for me and told me that there is a problem with it. I plugged it into my laptop and then load the lights were. I went home and connect it and the lights were again loaded. I turned the computer and noticed that the battery power was drained, although it said it was charging. So I have is an AC adapter which apparently works but the laptop will not hold a charge, PC Health Monitor told me that my battery was fine and my laptop runs on its own without the AC adapter connected. The lights only show that the laptop is charging sometimes (most times not) and even when it shows it is charging, appears only to drain more. Is this a problem with the welding of the pin that is lost? What could be? I would love to really appreciate any help, because it uses the laptop to school full time and need it repaired as soon as possible, but I have a lot of money to keep trying new parts (but from what I understand, there seems to be the own battery or the charger itself that is causing the problem.)By the way, is a Toshiba L505, not the longer warranty and the laptop itself works perfectly well when on (just a question of burden I have).

Re: Strange Battery/Charging Situation. What could be wrong?

Your average laptop comes with a battery cycle 300 or about 18 months. Not only important, but the cycles of age. If the battery is used every day I see all these faults of both places. But here's the real problem. The owners do not want it to be any of those issues. Always hoping not to be that even when they get the battery life. Many did not understand this until the next year or two after using the battery all the time. After pending to buy a battery that is when I find more who have learned to keep AC as much as possible. Beyond that, any store that let you use a battery for a test to see if that's all. If you need to know why is simple.
    1. If you let him pass the test, he would not like the battery, but a new one. So the store has to have two batteries.
    2. It happened at a friend's shop that the customer was charged the new battery from them and threatened to call the police or sue. Unfortunately this meant the end of the planting or let the batteries prove popular.

Do you think it may be the battery but the battery does not seem to be the problem? PC Health Monitor said it was in good condition (and I know this does not mean that everything cannot say anything), and will not turn off if I unplug the AC power. If it's on battery power alone, I think that the CA at least be able to keep the battery from the dead again, but not to avoid it. And if I take the battery and try to run in the magazine (I have not tried this when the lights are loaded, but I do not make a difference), and try to turn the laptop on, no lights. Maybe it could be a problem with a connection to the battery? And I had no intention of going to a store and ask to test the battery, because I'm still not convinced that is the subject (not because they want it to be, but not because the signs point towards the battery, so I've experienced).

Call it the connection. Since no fixed shop or store you're looking at a new motherboard. My view is that the connection is not already passed the test battery. Once more, with 300-cycle batteries and failures like the one said I do not know to discard the battery. If there is anything I wish that just a mistake and no longer the owner with a strange behavior. Too bad you cannot find a battery of tests. My story is to explain why rarely get service as at present. I've been in the repair business (now out!) Even before the PC. My background is electronics design and after a few thousand of topics such as first checks: (a) is the manufacturer's charger (why later) (b) replace the battery and hope. Due to the demands and responsibility of some manufacturers do not charge the battery if the charger manufacturer or the manufacturer of the battery is unused. I hope you can understand why.

What makes you think that could possibly be the motherboard? I have curiosity about it. Is it not possible to be something like a pin? It seems, however, as one of the most common reasons (and a dead battery and spinal does not work), but do not know if this problem showed particular problems I am having. I do not know if it's a pin problem would allow the battery light sometimes, and say "charge" even if it is not. If I move the cord where it connects to the computer it does move a lot, but still focuses pin, and cannot be compared with how much they move before this issue occurred.

Since I've been around the block a few times, repair shops owned (past tense as sold) this is all the experience and what we do to sniff out which part. I feel for you, I really do, but will not help to move too. If the change does not help, moving more often something breaks. How deep is in the electronics and repair? Why ask me is whether to fix this problem, things would own a voltmeter, soldering iron, and maybe some basic tools. Many want I can give a diagnosis, but (again), most simply do not want to know what is normal. That is why they share about 300 articles and more cycle batteries.

I wanted to know what issues are that is problems of the motherboard. I know you think it is because of their experience. I learned that even if the pin is lost, the party moves around from side to side. So I'm thinking it is, in fact, a broken DC Jack. I spoke with the father of my friend who also has experience in computer repair, and he did not think could be the battery, and probably not the motherboard. I will try to meet with him tomorrow or Friday to see if, after seeing it in person, he still believes the DC Jack is the problem. Thank you for your help. I may re-publish, if that was the problem (or was not), to help others who may have the same problem.