Thread: Pavilion dv7 hard drive boot test in BIOS fails

Pavilion dv7 hard drive boot test in BIOS fails

I have an HP Pavilion dv7. It is almost 13 months. When he was 11 months old would not boot and I found hard evidence in the BIOS, it failed. So HP overnighted a new hard drive. 16 days after the warranty expired it began to have a new problem. Over 50% of the time when I run it (or rebooting the system) sitting with all lights but will not start. All the lights that normally light up when you turn it is. But does not start. I hear the DVD drive rotating, but not hear the hard drive. The screen is black. The CAPS and NUM lock flashing lights at the same time, every couple of seconds, I think. I did not time.

Re: Pavilion dv7 hard drive boot test in BIOS fails

I have taken the offer 149 in place and held that a person with it. But I've heard this story many times. The owner passes to the offer and then they cannot get it again. Figure on about 500 and even if the motherboard. Tip: Keep a call log when you call in Take the names and extension numbers to reach an agreement as the 149 for hardware support and the payment quickly. I'm sorry to read another story about an output of the machine warranty. Classes will resume in the cost of laptop repairs.

If this is a common problem with HP Pavilion dv7 Laptop, it must be remembered by HP. Never buy another HP laptop and advise everyone I know to never buy another HP product. My laptop crashed in the exact same way just a month after the warranty expired. A laptop for 13 months never dropped, never been mishandled that accidents in the same way, at the same point in time that life is not just a common problem, is a manufacturer defect. It is a total joke intended to be only a return mail solution for the low price of $ 450, when the machine costs $ 800. I am totally disappointed with the support of HP and their shoddy products.

The first thing that made a hole in my brains was the VGA port. Just stopped working for no good reason. I have tried this as a newborn baby. Then, without reason or mishandling syndrome-no-load battery appears. I tried everything but pulling it apart. Just before this happened there was something about a small vibration in the back of it. The rattle, then stopped as the battery. I read an article somewhere that they have a problem with the completion of battery power and can lead solder in a different way to fix it. This is the last HP issue ever going to buy. It is also the second element of HP in a row for me the leg just after the warranty expired, barely been used. The above article was an HP C6100 color printer which is a piece of junk that turned out to be. Just stopped and completely stuck inside without a good reason. The HP support people told me I should buy a new printer from them. I laughed at them and called them fools that they are exactly what they are.

I've had for about 6 months and the hard drive and the motherboard was. Ship to repair and return, but in a week began to act again, shipped back and returned, but the first day was crashing and freezing so with the help of a technician tried us the recovery discs supplied with the new hard drive, I tried many times but would not work, so I wanted a new laptop that I felt I had a lemon. Contact once more time after many e-mails and they agreed to a new laptop, but suggested two models, one 15 inch for my 17 inch. The 17 "did not have near the mine had characteristics. As I thought I would try Windows 7 instead of recovery disks from there and I think it worked very well.

Awesome, mine had done the same at 13 months, one month out of warranty. Would not charge the battery, then it would not work with the power cord. Took back to Best Buy (last year) and wanted $ 900 to replace the motherboard. No, thanks. I bought a new similar model that uses the same battery and I continue to recharge the battery and put it on the broken computer. Well, finally it will not cost much to replace the motherboard and that's what I'll do. But what the hell, it must be recalled.

My HP Pavilion dv7-1175nr DC output will not recognize unless the decision is forced to take, to approximately 24 months. Shortly thereafter, the CMOS does not start to appear due to the lack of the motherboard. Since the repair will cost approximately $ 350, HP representative suggests that getting a new flag for approximately $ 600. Considering how other dv7 not before, I think I got lucky. However, I am not happy with this HP.