Thread: Hardware Keyboard v/s on screen Keyboard

Hardware Keyboard v/s on screen Keyboard

I have to choose between an Android device with a hardware keyboard and one with an onscreen keyboard. Most of my writing is for SMS. Hardware Keyboard: More precise writing. Easier access to the keyboard sliding out. No room on the screen. The keyboard on the screen: It takes a little screen space when entering text, but leaves a big screen when not typing on the screen of the keyboard is often larger. The device is thinner and lighter. Your feedback so you can make a decision.

Re: Hardware Keyboard v/s on screen Keyboard

I think for SMS and email, a hardware keyboard is always going to be easier, but I do not think that is enough if there is a model that does not really want to have that feature. It also makes a difference version of Android. Version 2.1 (Eclair) and 2.2 (Froy) had horrible keyboard on the screen. For those who really want to get the Swype beta and gave Grafitti and installs them. 2.3 (Gingerbread) on the other side has a very wonderful on-screen keyboard. I've almost stopped using Swype and Grafitti. It also makes a difference which direction you prefer. If you really prefer the landscape, I look for a slider keypad.

In my opinion, I will always select a hardware keyboard. To me, software keyboards do not allow for both the strength memory to find the right key and smack it, making them slower and more horizontal to errors. I know some people manage to be awfully fast in use, but some people were wickedly fast using T9 and I do not think anyone would say it was more at ease than a full physical keyboard.

Look, I tried Swype and hatred. Maybe I should try again - maybe there hardware keyboard are a bit too! All that being said, I would not change my 4G Evo (virtual keyboard) for a day of Evo (Keyboards) for anything. I just need to try different virtual keyboards around until you find one I like. For Whoever Is Wondering, I have four months in a 4G HTC Evo from a Palm Treo 755p (hardware keyboard).

The sense of HTC keyboard user interface is very nice and very helpful. Actually I have a hacked version to work on the nexus between that I used. However, the gingerbread keyboard is very nice, I have almost stopped using HTC Swype or keyboard and reduced ion Graffiti. Swype is good for longer script. When you get suspend of Swyping, you can whip out sentence and paragraph to attractive and high-quality speed. I prefer, however, to us my Apple BT keyboard for that and we are tired of having to reinstall every time you change the operating system version. However, since the beta version is only available for windows of time, I tell people to take to get it.

I was in the cell phone just yesterday. There was a sample of LG Black Optimus there, but it was very green and not available for purchase. So my only choice was the desire HTC Z with a hardware keyboard I bought. Pleasant mobile phone, but serious! Spell check and auto-complete feature works only with the onscreen keyboard. Is there any third party application that works with the hardware keyboard?

One thing that still bothers me about my iPhone is the keyboard on the screen. Even the onscreen keyboard is not as big IPAD. From reading this thread reminded me that Android offers models with keyboards and even the onscreen keyboard, there are options that are not available to me without jailbreak as Swype, graffiti and message. I took your kids shopping today. They like the iPhone 3G and the iPhone, even four. My daughter also had her eye on an Android phone. We were in the Verizon store and Apple store. Never store AT & T, but it’s unlikely that we will all end up in AT & T before Verizon Wireless brings new levels of data. Both indicated that they prefer to have touch screen phones messaging phones that are now (ENV 3 with keyboards).