Thread: Need help on Sony CDP-XA20ES

Need help on Sony CDP-XA20ES

Here I just want to know about Sony CDP-XA20ES. Does anybody know anything regarding this player? I have just got a pair of good reviews and information on the net, but I would like a few supplementary real-world experiences. Perhaps somebody has evaluated it to another player which I know more about? Anyone have any idea or any experience about this? Please provide me your views and your ideas about this. Any input welcome.

Re: Need help on Sony CDP-XA20ES

I attempted XA20ES about a year before. I was intending to utilize changeable output to skip the pre-amplifier. Review stated similarity between XA20ES and XA7ES that got my interest. First, the variable output didn't work. Sound is quite flat, no energy. So I picked up vigorous pre-amplifier in the exercised market. Even with fixed output I didn't have much fortune with Sony. I had Rotel 975 at that time as well. Rotel is more musical, gives well tonal balance. One thing I observed is better bass extension with SONY. I think it is coming from well transport sector. You might wish to hook it up with exterior DAC but it just features optical output which is supposed to be inferior to coaxial.

I was as well appearing at the XA20ES. I believe Headwize member squirt has one and illustrated a picture of his rig. From what I memorize he liked it a lot, it was erected like a tank and the puck mechanism, though quite old tech, worked. I determined on trade the NAD c541. I acquired it for $450. I would greatly recommend this CDP. The audio store I recurrent told me that the NAD line is a unbiased sounding player that offers up what is recorded on the disc, least colorization.

I have the Sony CDP-XA20ES. I do plan on restore it at any time money allows being that its getting long in the tooth not because of short of performance. The XA20ES has all the time been a top performer for me and all the reviews I have ever read, both "pro" and proletarian were positive. At $350 a CDP of this quality is a bargain. It has truly well dynamics analogous to CDP's costing lots of times more, good bass comeback and top notch quality build.

First of all, don't take my words for decided since I haven't heard about XA20ES. I think, I heard XA7ES quite a few times before and honestly was not blown away. Possibly I am not a fan of Sony sound, but all Sony’s I have heard thus far sounded quite forward in the treble and lean in the bass and lower mids- not sufficient crash in a way. I haven't heard their top end SACD equipment though. Since you already have the Marantz which in my opinion is very well I don't think the Sony will be a great step forward.

I am inclined to agree that the XA20ES would not be a valuable upgrade if you have a 6000SE. If I memorize correct I had first determined on getting the 6000SE but went for the 20ES just because Sony has a strong market and they have an excellent service center which was the deciding thing. From what I hear the 6000SE tends to be heater sounding and the 20ES brighter and dynamic that I think works out fine with my HD600 which tends to be too tepid and not too dynamic.