Thread: Low mic volume on X-Fi fatality pro

Low mic volume on X-Fi fatality pro

I am having the Windows vista x64 sp2 installed on my computer and that is running x-fi fatality pro. I am on newest drivers/software etc. What I found is that my mic is actually low. By means of my onboard it’s a lot louder and enhanced and functions on my added comps fine. I have turned up mic boost volume is to 100. My additional headset/microphones are low down on this computer too so its def the soundcard/drivers. I have re-seated the card as well as reinstalled the drivers also. Anyone know if there’s some resolution for this?

Re: Low mic volume on X-Fi fatality pro

Have you checked for the audio driver in your computer? This seems that the driver which is installed in your computer is outdated and that is the reason that you are facing this problem. So search for the latest version of the driver on internet and install that in your computer. I am saying you to do this because I have seen many of the cases like this where outdated driver comes out to be the reason for the issue and updating the driver solves the problem. I hope that it will do the same for you.

I uncover most x-fi soundcards have lower mic volume say the old Sound blaster Live and most onboard. In fact I may go as far to say this seem to start with the advent of 24 bit soundcards. I can get mine "loud enough" using boost with volume on 100, but it does seem they need to be maxed out. Maybe they have lowered the sensitivity on that channel to stop it interfering with the output of the card. Many years ago people used to make battery powered pre-amps to get more out of mic, but I've not seen it done in years.

You should check that whether you have turned on the mic boost. If that is not turned on then you must turn that on and see if that can resolve the problem for you. I know that I am asking you the stupid thing to check but there are certain users who do this minute mistake and then go for big resolution steps for that. That is why I am telling you to check this first and go for the changes accordingly.

I think that you might have to tic the mic boost button every time you start windows. I do on my X-Fi Gamer and Vista 32. Also, on my system, the mic volume is louder when the speakers are set to headphones, and SVM and EAX Effects are not ticked. This is just my suggestion to you and there is no harm to try it once and see if that resolves the problem for you or not. Good Luck!!!