Thread: Still beta driver for X-Fi Titanium HD under Windows 7

Still beta driver for X-Fi Titanium HD under Windows 7

Since last 6 months Creative has just released a beta version of driver for X-Fi Titanium HD for Windows 7 on 4 August. This is unacceptable that Windows 7 has been out for almost 3 years (with public beta testing period included), the Creative drivers team still can't come up with an official driver for this latest sound card. I've been long users of your Creative cards from Live! To Audigy to Elite Pro, then to Titanium HD, I really don't want to experience another fiasco incident as some 2 years ago. So Creative drivers team, take your responsibilities to release an updated official driver for this card!

Re: Still beta driver for X-Fi Titanium HD under Windows 7

Beta driver don’t work properly. I got the Sound Blaster Titanium HD because it has amazing specs and I was like, "I am sure by now, Creative has figured out Windows 7 64-Bit and made a proper driver for it!" I cannot believe this still has a beta driver developed from July (and that driver is quite a turd, let me tell you!) With the beta, trying to use a mic plugged in with Yahoo messenger (for video calls) is utterly pointless and a lesson in frustration! I was too loud, too soft, or could not even get it working at all (mostly). So I had to go back to the ancient drivers that came on the driver CD. Such a nice soundcard, sounds so good, but the drivers? I mean really how long must Windows 7 be out for Creative to figure out how to make a decent driver for the cards? Not to mention the audio stack is similar to Windows Visa, which has been out for how many years now? It is always the same with Creative; great sound, great hardware, yet they cannot make drivers that are not bloated or that work right. I guess I am going to have to see if there are any PAX drivers for it, because I want to hear sound. Not constantly be fiddling with the lame drivers just trying to make things work!

Well I'm glad the beta driver works for you randalltroy. I'm curious what your OS is because like Ricsim78 I am also running Win 7 64-bit and for most people using Win 7 64-bit this driver is buggy as hell. People using win 7 32-bit don't seem to have as much of a problem. On my first install the sound became corrupted then quit all together. I have since reformatted and completed two clean installs and it’s starting to get buggy again. If i have to reformat every other day just to use this card because of buggy beta drivers it really doesn’t matter how good it sounds when it's working right. It's still a worthless piece of JUNK! Over the last few years Creative has caused me to gladly part with over $500 for their products. Time to get with the program Creative!

I totally agree with you. I am lucky I don’t have serious issues right now. Creative vowed change with this card, and so far hasn’t produced. I seriously considered an Asus card. I hope I haven’t made a mistake’s was also burned by Creative on the X-fi platinum, and had to use hacked drivers. So I totally understand the risk of buying this card, it seems like the same old Creative labs is in play here. This is one of the best Sound Cards on the market. It’s already getting tarnished, with poor driver support.

I have an onkyo HT-RC270, though not the highest end Onkyo product. It’s pretty damned good. I have to say the pairing between the Titanium HD and the HT-RC270.Is very nice. Much better than my Old (and dead) Xfi platinum, and the HD certainly sounds better on MY Z5500's than my old Xfi, it’s not even close. Sound is so subjective, but for me one thing is certain. It’s much better than my EVGA classified onboard sound, it truly blows.

Anyway on a better note besides posting here, I’ve been up most of the night monkeying with my sound card and I have made some major improvements. For one it doesn't sound like a bowl of rice krispies any more. The snap, crackle and pop are gone at least for now and if it stays gone, I might just keep this card. There are still some less than catastrophic issues that I can deal with until Creative gets off their duffs and produces a solid driver. We'll see. I need to think about this, but it's entirely possible I'll have issues even if I run out and buy an Asus card. A lot of people aren't too pleased with their drivers either. And from experience I can say that you stand more of a chance of running into conflicts putting in a new sound card than any other piece of hardware.

I returned my CL card as well, because the lag time in response and HUGE delay of drivers. I emailed support for problems and NEVER had response and NO PHONE NUMBERS! After I returned the card I did get a response it was the worse excuse I have ever heard and they did not answer 50% of my questions. I use Z-5500's and I now have an Asus D2X and work a lot better! Before the CL HD I had an X-FI Fatality Pro with issues as well and they had driver problems with Win7-64bit. One day Creative will learn!
    My Sys specs are:
    Asus Crosshair IV Formula AMD 890FX Motherboard
    AMD Phenom II X4 970
    Western Digital 600GB VR Sata6g
    Corsair Domimator 16GB (4x4)
    EVGA NVIDIA GeForce GTX 580 Superclocked x2 SLI
    Asus D2X Sound Card
    Logitech Z-5500 Digital 5.1 Speaker System

Yes I know that seems funny but 95% problems is user, not knowing what something works, how windows audio stack works, how to setup amp correctly or for what card have all does fancy sliders etc.
    On PC' there’s a thousands of configs and there is a chance that something will not work as it should but that applies to practically all hardware but you already know that, so yes beta drivers can broke something but not for everyone. Yes I know that creative can sleep for 6 months before releasing driver update but asus does the same and thanks god that Unidrivers showed up for Xonar users.
    I know why are you upset with creative but give them some credits THD & it's driver is not bad at all besides that you can't control hp-out/rca from software or have all-outs active at the same time but other than that it is pretty good. By the way new official drivers are up for like 2 weeks now so enjoy.