Thread: Missing File "DL_Dashboard.exe"

Missing File "DL_Dashboard.exe"

Hi guys, recently I got a new computer and a V3113W printer. I brought it for my personal use. I connected the printer to the system and run the setup disk that I got with the printer when I purchased it. After the set up was complete, a shortcut icon “Dell Printer Home” was placed on the desktop. When I clicked on the icon to open, a message was displayed saying ““looking for DL_Dashboard.exe”. I searched the whole system but could not find the DL_Dashboard.exe file. Is there any problem with the setup.

Re: Missing File "DL_Dashboard.exe"

“Dell Printer Home” is the program that helps the system to be compatible with the Dell V3113W printer. If the setup is installed properly then the printer should work. Can you tell which on which operating system your computer is running. Uninstall the Dell Printer Home program and again reinstall it back. Now try to open the file and see if the printer works. If it fails to open then there must be some problem with the setup disc.

I wanted to know, the dell printer that you have got is a wireless printer or a USB one. If you have got the wireless printer, then I will help you to set it up. When the computer is online, insert the printer disc and run it. While running the disc just follow the instructions. As per my opinion you should use SSID to make connections easier. It should be kept in mind that if you have changed the channel, then install printer setup as an additional computer and then proceed as instructed.

You must have got the installation disc with the dell V3113W printer.. Now Connect the power cord and the printer cord to the respective ports. Insert the disc to the system and run the setup file to install the Dell printer Home program. After installation, you can click on the shortcut icon to start. If it displays DL_Dashboard.exe is missing then there3 is some error with the setup disc. Contact the dealer, from whom you purchased the printer and get the new setup disc

Thank you all guys for your kind replies. I tried everything to get the dell V3113W printer work but every time I failed. There was no problem in installing the printer setup but when I tried to start the Dell printer Home program a message is displayed saying DL_Dashboard.exe is missing. The setup file was corrupted due to which it was showing the error message. At last I have to contact Dell support center and get a new setup disc for printer. Now I can work with the printer without any issue.

I am having exactly the same problem with a Dell V515w printer. The setup works as far as the printer is concerned. I can print, scan, and fax. But the "Dell Printer Home" link doesn't work on my desktop computer. The DL_dashboard file did not get installed. But when I ran the setup program on my laptop, it worked perfectly, and the "dashboard" file works. So I don't think the problem is a bad setup disk, but rather some inconsistency with the setup file and some setting on my desktop computer. Both computers are running Win7 Professional, and I can't figure out why the setup works on one but not the other.

By the way, I tried copying the DL_Dashboard file (and other files that are in the same folder) from the laptop to the desktop. The link then opened the "Dell Printer Home" GUI, but none of the links worked. So a simple copy doesn't do it.

Please let me know if a new setup disk does solve the problem, however, so I can request one, too.

Well, I just called Dell Tech Support and they were able to install the "Dell Printer Home" software remotely. As far as I can tell, the secret is to run the install program in Compatibility Mode with Win XP SP3 and to run it As Administrator. This was after doing a complete uninstall and downloading updated install files.

I just encountered the same problem trying to install the printer on my wife's computer. I was able to fix it myself by seeing what a good install looks like on my (identical) machine.

This pertains to a V515w printer, a 64-bit computer running Windows 7, and the following scenario:

I installed the printer from the install disk; the printer works perfectly but the link to "Dell Printer Home" which appears on the desktop generates a "can't find DL_dashboard" error.

Solution:

I opened the folder C:\\Program Files\Dell\Dashboard. It contains only one file, Phome64.ico (that's the icon that appeared on the desktop).

I copied into the folder C:\\Program Files\Dell\Dashboard the following folder and files from the install disk:

Apps\Dashboard\Devices (with its three subfolders)
    Apps\Dashboard\config.xml
    Apps\Dashboard\dashboard.loc
    Apps\Dashboard\prod.ver
    Apps\Dashboard\bin\x64\DL_dashboard.exe
    Apps\Dashboard\bin\x64\Framework.dll
    Apps\Dashboard\bin\x64\Gui.dll
    Apps\Dashboard\Languages\EN\strings.xml

And it works! All of these files aren't strictly necessary but a good install puts them there. Good luck.

Ken

Well I guess the patch for the same is available on the official site of the same. Now what I want you to do here is that just try and download that patch from the authorized site and then install the same on your system. I hope that you will solve your issue by installing the same.

I had a devil of a time trying to get the missing Dashboard to work. It showed up on the new install but not on my other wireless connections. I thought it might have to do with the fact that the new install was on a computer running Windows XP 32-bit and my other wireless connections were on computers running Windows 7 64-bit. After messing around with it for a bit, I finally figured out how to do it. I had to hook up the usb cable connection to the other computers while I installed the software on them, even tho I chose the wireless setting. Use the original software disk and update the software later. I'm getting the impression that the update isn't set up to install the dashboard. After I did that, voila, there was my dashboard. I then pulled out the usb connection and updated the software from the dashboard. Works great!

Happy Re: Missing File "DL_Dashboard.exe"

Quote Originally Posted by Luckynkl View Post
    I had a devil of a time trying to get the missing Dashboard to work. It showed up on the new install but not on my other wireless connections. I thought it might have to do with the fact that the new install was on a computer running Windows XP 32-bit and my other wireless connections were on computers running Windows 7 64-bit. After messing around with it for a bit, I finally figured out how to do it. I had to hook up the usb cable connection to the other computers while I installed the software on them, even tho I chose the wireless setting. Use the original software disk and update the software later. I'm getting the impression that the update isn't set up to install the dashboard. After I did that, voila, there was my dashboard. I then pulled out the usb connection and updated the software from the dashboard. Works great!
    Thank you thank you thank you! I must have uninstalled and reinstalled 8 or 9 times, tried copying files directly from the installation CD to the program folders on my hard drive, tried running in compatibility mode, etc. The only thing that worked was hooking up with the USB cable instead of choosing the wireless option. A bunch of drivers were downloaded when I plugged that cord in, and I'm not sure if they're directly related but either those drivers or the fact that I'd never hooked this particular computer up to the printer with USB before allowed the software to install correctly.

Thanks again!