Thread: Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and Creative Inspire T7900 Speaker

Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and Creative Inspire T7900 Speaker

I purchased a set of CREATIVE INSPIRE T7900 7.1 speaker but I got problem with no sound coming out from the 2 side speaker SR and SL. I plug in the 7.1 audio cable to the Sound Blaster X-FI TITANIUM FATAL1TY PRO SERIES with the same coded colour
    • The green jack connects to Line Out 1.
    • The grey jack connects to NONE.
    • The orange jack connects to Line Out 3.
    • The black jack connects to Line Out 4.

Four color coded jacks on the other end of the speaker cable correspond to particular audio input jacks on the subwoofer of the speaker system.
    • The green jack connects to the Front audio input
    • The grey jack connects to the Side audio input
    • The orange jack connects to the Center/Subwoofer audio input
    • The black jack connects to the Rear audio input

I am not able to find any answer on the websites, Anyone can help me solve my 2 no sound side speaker.

Re: Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium Fatal1ty Pro and Creative Inspire T7900 Speaker

I have seen many of the same cases with that and what I can guess from it is that the PCIe Card is not compatible with it and that is the reason that you are getting thmis problem. I am not saying that it is the issue for sure but you can consider it as one of the most possible issues for that. So check this first and move on to the solution accordingly.

Well as it seems, the grey cable for the side speakers doesn't work with this card (I think). So I took a separate audio cable with the same connectors that are brought with the 7.1 Creative System, connected the cable from the grey to the soundcard, it works now. Don't know how to get it working with the "original" Creative cables but that’s I think the best solution, get a fourth cable.

Here is that solution that is going to help you in this case with your existing 4-3 cable and an extra 3.5mm cable. First unplug all the cables from the back of your card and your woofer. Then plug your new 3.5 cable (make sure you are using a stereo cable and not a mono one) into the black on the back of your card and the black (rear speakers) on the back of your woofer. Then reverse your 4-3 cable that came with your speakers. Take the 4 side of the plug and use that end on your card instead of the speaker side. With the 4 plugs hook the green plug to green on the card, orange plug to orange on the card and black plug to grey on the card. You do not need to use the grey plug, so just let it hang there or whatever. On the end with the three plugs, on the back of your woofer hook the green plug to green (front speakers), orange plug to orange (center and subwoofer) and the black plug to black (side speakers.) This is the only way that it would work for me.

I am agree with the above post but other than this you can simply unhook the grey on the subwoofer and running an extra cable from there to the grey on the back of the card did not work for me. It has to do with the way Creative has the 4-3 plug wired and it combines rear and side speakers. You will notice this if you look at the colored plugs and compare the number of rings on the male plugs; some have two and some have three for the different channels. When I simply run an extra wire from grey to grey it still cuts out half my speakers. The above way I outlined works awesome and gives me true 7.1 sound. Good luck!