Thread: GigaWorks S750 have stopped working

GigaWorks S750 have stopped working

I turned off the power to my speakers since I was using headphones and figured I could save energy when not using them. I then just turned the power back on but now the system is not getting any power to it. But the weird thing is the green power LED on the back of the Sub is flickering a bit like it’s not getting enough power. I pulled out the Fuse and it does not look blown at all. I have tried different outlets in different rooms and it does the same thing no matter where I go. I have been looking on the net the last 2 hours but can’t come up with anything other than the blown fuse issue. Please help.

Re: GigaWorks S750 have stopped working

I would be concerned about voltage (electric charge) on the back panel, there should not be any. Be very careful depending on the voltage it could hurt you. I would not us an extension cord with this unit. You may also have a problem with the socket that is in the wall. What’s the voltage at the wall? Does your location have two or three wires coming out of the wall? The power cord from the speakers has three pins; did you have to us an adapter to plug the system in?

It may be what we call a "surge suppressor" that is causing the problem for you. I definitely recommend getting one. Spend the extra money to get a good one. I am using one sold by Radio Shack. The funny thing about surge suppressors is that you don't know you need one till its too late. There like insurance, you may never need it but if you do it will save you a lot of money. At your local hardware store you should be able to pick up a tester that if you plug it in the wall and it will check wiring within wall to confirm it's ok. If you have a bad ground wire or neutral wire it can cause the kind of problems you’re having. If you get a surge suppressor they usually have multiple outlets on them, plug all your computer stuff into the surge suppressor.

I am interested in the case you built for the amplifier. My gigs are rattling on deep bass notes and it just kills fidelity. I have to lower the bass so it won't rattle. I took apart box and confirmed it was the amplifier causing the rattle. I am not sure which part of the amp and I don't want to go poking around too much. I think relocating the amp to a separate box would be better. I don't have many tools to make a custom case as you did. Can you point me to a good substitute that would work? Aesthetics are nice, but not necessary. I would like something that could house the amp section safely.

In my judgment, Creative must give free support to all products under warrantee, and they must do it paying after this warrantee period, so you can keep your equip running for more than 2, 3 or 4 years. Sadly, Creative crosses his arms while people ask in this about a solution with a non working product. My solution to you is to go and practice some electronics with your system otherwise buy another one from any other mark.

I have begun troubleshooting my s750 sub. The first thing I checked (after reading Shotfires posts) was the yellow 1uF caps (C40) on the amp boards. 1 of them was indeed shorted. I replaced it but it didnt seem to make any difference. So I pulled the power board off and took a closer look. I found a component completely toasted with burn holes deep into it. I am not sure what the component is but the PCB label is TH1 (maybe thyristor). It looks like a large grey disk cap but part of the label on it is burned off so I cant tell. If its not too much to ask can someone check their sub for this component and let me know what the label on it says. All that I can make out is 1310... It sits under the metal frame behind the large yellow box-type cap and bright blue ceramic disk caps.

Quote Originally Posted by Althea View Post
    I turned off the power to my speakers since I was using headphones and figured I could save energy when not using them. I then just turned the power back on but now the system is not getting any power to it. But the weird thing is the green power LED on the back of the Sub is flickering a bit like it’s not getting enough power. I pulled out the Fuse and it does not look blown at all. I have tried different outlets in different rooms and it does the same thing no matter where I go. I have been looking on the net the last 2 hours but can’t come up with anything other than the blown fuse issue. Please help.
    hello, I want to buy some creative cambridge Gigaworks s750, no matter if they are damaged, maybe I can repair

Quote Originally Posted by javierarc View Post
    hello, I want to buy some creative cambridge Gigaworks s750, no matter if they are damaged, maybe I can repair
    Well, if you want to buy Creative Gigaworks S750 then you could have posted all your queries in the buy and sell stuff section of this forum here - http://forums.techarena.in/buy-sell-computer-hardware/. However if you want to buy a new Creative Gigaworks S750 then it will probably cost you Rs. 37700, so a second hand speaker would be great for you, incase if you would like.