Thread: Left click does not work on Fatal1ty

Left click does not work on Fatal1ty

I'm having difficulty with my left click button and it seems to be getting worse. It seems to have a "sweet spot" and if you don't click at that particular place, the button may register a double click instead of a single click or it may do nothing at all. A good, firm, uncomfortable click will usually register correctly, but it's not the sort of click you can do in a game for any length of time. As I mentioned, this seems to be getting worse and worse. When I started using the mouse, back in January, it worked flawlessly, but it's going rapidly downhill. Anyone else having this issue?

Re: Left click does not work on Fatal1ty

I really want to order one but fear all the trouble I've been reading about. Abit Fatal1ty AA8XE MB - P4 3.2ghz 640 LGA775 - Corsair Twin5400C4 Pro 2gb RAM - Zalman Fatal1ty CPU Cooler - Abit Fatal1ty X800XL 512DDR3 Video - WD Raptor 74gb HD SATA - Creative Fatal1ty FPS Sound - Abit Guru Panel - Samsung DVD/CDRW - XG Gamer Case - Ultra X-Finity 500w PSU

I purchased my Fatality mouse back in February and it started having the clicking problem in March, I set it up so I could send in my mouse, got my RMA and everything but haven’t been able to afford to send it in yet. Now reading the forums again I don’t know if I want to send it in if I’m just going to get another Fatality Mouse with the same clicking problem, and if they do replace the sensors are they going to charge me for that too? For their mistake? I wrote customer service trying to find out all that might be involved in this. I really hope something good comes from it. I’ll keep you guys updated.

Well what games are you playing? I didn't have this problem until this morning. I woke up after hosting an 8 hour Unreal Tournament 2004 Server and found 11 viruses that someone decided to upload. Not only did I have these viruses, my mouse started having this clicking problem. I have to click 5 times just to open any program, shoot in any game that i own, or even browse with Firefox. I’ve scanned, reinstalled, and updated firmware, even found some exe's in my processes that caused it to lag a bit. Personally, I think someone is hacking my hardware somehow. Like the same person who hacked my firewall hardware, which i fixed after finding he put up a block that prevented my firewall from working. Because i believe there is no such glitch or error in the mouse that would cause it to do that after 8 hours of no use, I don't believe your answers unless you have some way of proving it. I MEAN 8 hours of no play compared to the 8 hours I could have been playing. You say it has something to do with the hardware but if you don’t use it, how can that happen. If there’s a firmware patch later than august 2010 (because it is almost March 2011) that denies this hack, then i don’t what to do other than make a firmware upgrade myself. And then to only find your solution is a lie. I've search sites and I’ve seen other mouse hacks such as hiding your arrow so you can’t see what to click, but nothing on this "I have to click 20 freaking times". Ill keeps looking because everyone else seems to want to find an easier way out. I am a former hacker. There is no easy way.

I know how it feels. I got this mouse the day it came out and love the feel of it fits my hand just right but the buttons they wear out in anywhere from a month to 3 months poor circuit city they sold me the extra warranty. I have went through 4-5 of these and so have a few of my friends I was really hoping they would fix it with the new one but I guess they didn't according to mouse dang anyone know of any mice shaped like this that will not die so quick on me?

i also just received this mouse from an online vendor. Immediately found left clicking difficulties. Being the engineering student that I am; i took it apart and tried to fix it. The problem is that the plunger is just slightly too short to make complete contact with the micro-switch. My first guess was to lengthen the plunger slightly. Applying a thin layer of superglue to be base of the left click plunger seems to do the trick. Extending the reach by a few thousandths of an inch. The mouse can be easily be taken apart by removing the 4 small pads on the bottom of the mouse and removing the screws. (The glue is also useful for reattaching the pads).

I bought some super glue and opened up the mouse then I took a sewing needle and covered about half of it in super glue then let the glue bead at the tip of the needle and dabbed it on the external plunger stem of the mouse buttons making tiny beads. After letting it dry, I plugged it back in and gave it a test drive. Too large of a bead will prevent the button from un-clicking on the upstroke, so keep the bead from getting any thicker than roughly the width of the needle (use a small or medium sized needle). I was able to flatten the bead a little bit (by mashing it with my fingers) when i discovered my beads were too large. Anyway, I plugged it in and tested it out. I could feel a deeper click, but still annoying as all hell. Random double clicks and unintentional mouse button releasing unless i exerted extra effort to press the buttons in-- bottom line: still unacceptable.

After using my old Labtec for 4 years I decided to get this nice, and very much expensive mice, What a disappointment 4 weeks and mice gone crazy not clicking, double clicking same story like all posters here got, Took it apart thinking to super glue fix it, but decided to try something bit different, Self adhesive ALUMINUM TAPE, works great I cut tiny peace and stuck it on top of that worn piece of plastic nice hard smooth surface. NOW works great.