Thread: Monitor LED blinking rapidly when coming out of sleep mode

Monitor LED blinking rapidly when coming out of sleep mode

Hello friends, I am having a Dell monitor (1905FB). Two days before when I put the computer In the sleep mode, after resuming back the monitor did not turned on and the power LED just started blinking continuously and rapidly. The computer also made beep as when a new hardware is detected. I tried to turn it on by pressing the power button but nothing was displayed on the screen. Does anyone have any idea regarding this issue then please help me.

Re: Monitor LED blinking rapidly when coming out of sleep mode

Did you experience this problem with your monitor before. There might be a problem with the CPU. Check if the monitor cord connecting the Cpu is lose. If so then connect it properly. Plug out the power cord of the monitor from the power source and then plug it back and switch it on. If there is no activity in the display then push the reset button from the computer and let the system reboot. See if you get the display back on the screen.

You should check the video card VGA to monitor VGA. See, whether it is working properly or not. I also advice you to test the video card DVI. Open the CPU and check if the video card is held properly in the slot. Pull the video card and again put it back correctly. Now you can turn on the PC and check if you get ant display on the monitor screen.

Test the monitor with any of your friend’s computer and see if it displays anything. If the display comes up, then there is no issue with the monitor. Test the video card and if there is any issue with it then get it replaced. After testing the monitor in another computer and you still find no display then there must be some problem with its hardware component. Just get the monitor replaced or take it to the service center and get it repaired

Check the LED light of the monitor, and see whether the color is green or amber. The amber color indicates the monitor to be in sleep mode. Press any key from the keyboard and see if the monitor wake up from the sleep mode, or else move the mouse and click the buttons. You can try by switching off the power button and then switch it on after 10 seconds. If nothing works, then reboot the entire computer.