Thread: What is the Maximum storage capacity in Dell XPS 9000

What is the Maximum storage capacity in Dell XPS 9000

I just want to give you a short information of the configuration of my system. Well my system is the Dell XPS 9000 and I have a 8GB RAM, plus I have a 1TB of Hard disk with additional 2TB of hard disk, I would want to know is it ok if I add more 2TB of hard disk in the system, I know there are only three drive bays in the system but is it not ok if I make the total capacity as 5TB or is there any limitation that I will have to limit up to 4TB. So what’s your view on this? Any suggestions that you all would like to give it to me.

Re: What is the Maximum storage capacity in Dell XPS 9000

As such I don’t think so there should be any limitation of the space in it. Yes you were right there are only three drive bays and within it you can manage the memory of the system. I think it would be perfectly ok, if you add one more 2 TB of hard disk in the system. So that’s what I want to say and In case if that combination is not working with you then do let me know about it, we will have a discussion on that.

The only thing that you need to worry here is that whether or not the individual drives will support that memory. Instead of the total memory it would be very interesting to see if the individual drives of the system supports the memory capacity or not. So as of now there is no total memory limitation and if it would have been then it will not be limited up to 4TB capacity. So do not worry much on this topic, juts add the 2TB hard disk and rest is the wait and watch situation.

I just happened to visit the dell website and the information that was being displayed is there the total storage capacity of the dell system is around 6TB. So that’s what I have to say here and I would be happy if you go ahead with the practice and lets see whether it handles the total capacity or not. So it would be very interesting to have a look at it. As the above user said it also depends on the individual drives, whether that will support the maximum memory or not is to be seen.

Thanks for the reply I am very much happy with the response that I have got from you all. So thanks a lot for that and I am happy that everybody did responded in this matter and i am happy that i did get some results out of it. so thanks a lot everyone i was a bit confused regarding the total space available for the system, anyways now all the confusions are cleared out and all thanks to you guys for helping me out here.