Thread: Disk drive not working in Dell Studio Hybrid 140g

Disk drive not working in Dell Studio Hybrid 140g

Sometime ago my system crashed for unknown reason however it did achieve stability after sometime but it seems that my disk drive is not working. So that’s why I called up dell people and informed them about the problem, as usual they were ignorant about the problem and they pointed out that I must get a driver and did not specify anything else. So now I have come here and I want some solutions from you guys. Can you suggest me anything on this problem then please do let me know about it.

Re: Disk drive not working in Dell Studio Hybrid 140g

In such case in order to identify the problem you need to first identify the cause of the problem. So for that what you need to test is that whether it’s a hardware or a software issue. Run the Data DVD of dell and choose custom test in dell diagnostics. Now run the test with the dvd and check whats the main issue. So running the data dvd will definitely give you some results here, so first run the data dvd and then you will be able to get some solutions out of it.

Well I just ran the dvd and it is saying that the dvd does not have nay data it is but obvious that the disk drive is not working then how will the dvd run in it. So is it not possible to give you some other solutions. I know you were just confirming it whether the disk drive is not working or not. Now you have got the result that it is not working. So you only tell me now what should I do in such situation. In case if you have any idea then please let me know about it.

Yes the dvd drive is not working, so for that what you will have to do is get a new disk driver for the system. So for that go to the device manager and from there switch to the dvd drive, now do uninstall all the drives that are there, after having done that scan for hardware changes and then reload the drivers. So this is the best method which you can try and work on it accordingly. This is the only last option that you can try as of now. So I hope you have got the solutions.

The temporary solution that you can try out is go and get the external hard drive and use it till this problem gets solved. I think this si a very good option that you can try and even the rates of the external hard drives have come down. So purchasing it would definitely be a good option for you. So do have a check about the mentioned suggestion, I must say that would be definitely beneficial for you. Let us know if that worked or not.