Thread: Which Intel file to use while moving to RAID 1 on Inspiron 530?

Which Intel file to use while moving to RAID 1 on Inspiron 530?

I just want to know whether which of the Intel file should I use when I want to implement RAID 1 In the dell Inspiron 530. I have come across many of the intel’s website that has Matrix Storage Managers and several Intel Rapid Storage Technology files. One thing that I would like to specify is that I want to make sure that all the installation files of the vista is intact when I am adding one more hard drive in the system. So what’s your take on this problem. Can anybody suggest me anything.

Re: Which Intel file to use while moving to RAID 1 on Inspiron 530?

Yes for that you must make sure that you have the latest version of the Matrix Storage Manager in the hard drive. So in order to find that go to the Intel Matrix Storage Manager folder, and from there click on the Intel Matrix Storage Console. There you will get to see the latest version of the Matrix Storage Manager. I think that will be of much use for you. So go and have a check whether or not you are having the latest version of the Intel Matrix Storage Manager. So go ahead and have a look at that.

Well just to inform you that the Inspiron 530 does support only RAID 1. Now after you have plugged in the drive then you will have to open up the matrix storage manager and then make use of the drop down menu under actions, then you will have to select the create raid volume, in the existing hard drive that you have. Once you have clicked on it then RAID 1 will ask you to wait for sometime and it will get loaded. So I hope you are pretty clear with the steps that I have mentioned here.

Yes I absolutely agree with the above user and you must make sure that you follow the steps that is given above and also the first and the foremost method that you will have to take care of is that you will have to keep the RAID on in the SATA controller, so that will setup the system entry and it will make sure that the computer does support RAID. So that’s the most important message that I wanted to share it with you all. So I hope you have got them in a right manner.

Thanks for the help. I did have a look at the second suggestion and that was the most useful suggestion for me. I did follow all the instructions that were given to me and I was very happy with it. Now I have successfully installed a additional hard drive in the system and I am successfully able to access the RAID 1 in it as well. All the credit goes to you guy6s for helping me out in this situation. So thanks a lot everyone.