Thread: Want to access Raid Configuration Utility with one hard drive in Dell XPS 410

Want to access Raid Configuration Utility with one hard drive in Dell XPS 410

Yes guys that’s the problem with me i have only one hard drive in my system and I want an access to the raid configuration utility, so tell me what should I do in such situation. With the other system which are having two hard drives it is easy to access the raid configuration utility by entering ctrl+i. what should we do with the single hard drive. Is there any way of accessing it. If you have any idea’s on this then please let me know about it. I am waiting for your solutions.

Re: Want to access Raid Configuration Utility with one hard drive in Dell XPS 410

Just try with the RAID option in the BIOS screen. See to it that you turn the RAID option on in the bios and then try pressing the ctrl+I button. You would be able to have a proper access to the RAID in the system. I think this is a much better option that you must have a look to. By turning the RAID as on you would be able to have an access to the utility screen. So its just a suggestion that I am giving it you. Do have a look at it and let me know if that works or not.

Re: Want to access Raid Configuration Utility with one hard drive in Dell XPS 410

I would like to suggest some steps for you. So do try following it and lets hope that it works for you. Here goes the steps
    1) First try with the connection of the drive and after having connected to it then power on and set the SATA operation to RAID.
    2) Having done that reboot the system, while you are done with that use the ctrl+I at the post.
    3) Here you will get the menu option and from there select the option reset to non raid disk.
    4) Then again reboot and set the sata operation to AHCI or ATA as you need.
    Do try these above simple steps and I am quite sure that it will work for you.

Yes I did follow all the steps that you have given here but unfortunately that did not work with me. See the first two steps were really working good and while typing for the ctrl+i at the post came at that time I was unable to get anything on the screen. So what does that mean? Is my hard drive at fault for this problem. If yes then please do notify me about the same. Since its been several days I am trying for this but still I am unable to get any breakthrough.

See having a RAID 0 utility does not serve any purpose in this matter. So that’s what I want to say here if you are accessing the RAID utility then you make sure that you have the two internal hard drivers and then only access it. Otherwise it would be a very difficult task for you in this situation. A RAID0 array means that neither drive has a complete copy of any file, so if any of the one fails it means lose of data. There would be no back up. So I hope you have understood what I am trying to say here.

Ok, got the point that you were trying to explain it to me. Ya I know about the fault points in this situation but still i want an access for it. Just want to access to the raid utility for some purpose. So that’s why I was asking you all. In case if there is any other suggestions for me then please do let me know about as I would be glad to hear some more interesting suggestion from you all. So do reply fast i am waiting for the suggestions.