Thread: Unable to get any sound in Dell dimension 4700c

Unable to get any sound in Dell dimension 4700c

I have got this Dell dimension 4700c with me and I am very unhappy with it. The reason for that is I am not able to get any kind of sound al all with it. Also the integrated digital audio shows a code 10. I have already uninstalled and re-installed the Sound max software/driver and then reinstalled the chipset driver and upgraded the bios. I would tell you that I have even tried system restore and nothing.So can you please tell me what you need to do to solve the query that I am facing.

Re: Unable to get any sound in Dell dimension 4700c

I just had a look at the question that you have put up and would say that I didn’t get the question properly. Also I would like to know that did you do a reinstall. And if you did a reinstall did you install everything correctly including the Intel motherboard chipset drivers that must be installed before installing sound? Please do get back to me on this and then reply immediately so that I would be able to solve the query that you are facing.

I think that you also need to check the BIOS setup by just clicking the F2 at power on.This will help you to just verify that the integrated audio which is probably labeled legacy audio is enabled or not. Also I think that the system that you have enables you to the sound that had the same VGA connection as the Dell ones or if there is any way I can fix the cord.So this is what I feel that you need to do so that then the problem that you are facing will be solved immediately.

Thanks a lot for the replies that you have given.I would say that I am not sure what happened but no power outage or hardware added or anything like that. Also one day we noticed no sound or mixer icon. I would also say that I've checked the BIOS and yes the onboard integrated audio is enabled.Along with that what I have done is that I've re-installed the chipset driver then the soundmax driver. So is it correct.Please reply to this immediately.

I just went through the solutions that you have given and would say that the code 10 is related to drivers and this is according to Microsoft. What you need to do is that you are installing the drivers in the correct sequence. Then you need to go to the Device Manager and right click on the entry for the sound to highlight it and then left click uninstall.After that just restart the system and then watch when windows starts to see if it detects and installs the sound. Follow these steps and then I am sure that your problem will be solved.

Thanks a lot for the solutions. I just went through the solutions that you have provided and would say that this solutions was really useful to me and it worked for me immediately.I followed the same steps that were mentioned out there and they just worked for me beautifully.Now I would like to thank you for the solutions that you all provided to me and also for the suggestions that you gave me that helped me to solve the query that you I was facing.