Thread: SB Audigy LS, always freezes in Windows 7

SB Audigy LS, always freezes in Windows 7

I have been googling for way out in the past 3 days and establish not anything. I have an SB Audigy LS, and it creates crackling or static sounds at any time I play a video. As well, that video would finish up freezing and I will have to shut it down using the task manager. I have an onboard audio but it’s Sony MPEG Real-time, and it’s not well-matched with windows 7, which is why its cant be identified I think (and there are no drivers for it also to make it well-matched with windows 7). I have immobilized onboard audio using BIOS, to observe if possibly the nonfunctional onboard audio is contradictory with my sound card and not anything. I truly have no idea what else to perform. If anybody can shed a few lights on this I would truly be grateful for it.

Re: SB Audigy LS, always freezes in Windows 7

Is this the Sound Blaster Audigy LS driver you are at present utilizing? Not certain I have your acceptable device, so check cautiously. Occasionally drivers are integrated in Microsoft Windows 7 although the OEM may not illustrate any obtainable. Did you immobilize your onboard sound because of troubles for the period of install? If you unlock Device Manager and confirm the Sound Devices, what do you show?

Yes that’s the driver I have been utilizing. Well in fact, I have switched among that one and the one those windows 7 installs mechanically upon startup. I have attempted both and both provide me troubles. Below device manager, there utilized to be 2 audio tools:
    1. Sony MPEG Real-time Encoder
    2. SB Audigy LS

On the other hand, the Sony MPEG Real-time onboard audio is not well-matched with Windows 7. It was specified by the windows 7 upgrade mentor earlier than I upgraded. I have reinstalled windows 7 and the trouble at a standstill continues. I immobilized my onboard sound because as it’s previously mismatched with windows 7, perhaps it was contradictory with my SB Audigy LS sound card. However, later than disabling it on the BIOS, the trouble is at a standstill there, sound crackling and videos, browsers just crashing.

So the Sony driver is not loading, because if it was, it might clash with a few of the Windows 7 codec’s. If that card has HD sound, you must have an HD driver. You can have in excess of one driver for the sound system. A few types require an inheritance driver with the HD one. I at present have 5. Four are Nvidia HD and one is Realtek HD. The Realtek is my system sound system and Nvidia appended a few with the Graphics card for gaming sound. The HD one on your system might be the one which arrives from Windows 7. Right click on the speaker icon and choose playback devices. Do you exhibit anz Speakers and any HD output devices?

I can just run the troubleshooter while I immobilize the sound card. Otherwise, I don’t know or can’t run troubleshoot while the sound card is facilitated because as per the device manager, it is functioning correctly. I have attempted what you recommended, that is varying the levels but at a standstill the trouble remains. I seemed around the few forums for threads with people having troubles with SB Audigy LS, but there are only few answers but that also not useful.

If you established something which does not work as it should, you are making growth. Anyway, I establish this Microsoft Windows 7 compatibility site (Creative Sound Blaster Audigy LS Sound Card) which has software for download. I think you previously have this but then also you just conform this. Just make sure that you obtain the actual bit version. You may necessitate to removing all the present drivers for the device in Device Management. Depart to the properties, Driver tab, after that uninstall. If it asks if you wish to remove all drivers, do that. After doing this, reinstall those downloaded drivers, and if that doesn't exertion, maybe a few others that may be required.