Thread: Dell Inspiron 580 microphone not working on Windows 7

Dell Inspiron 580 microphone not working on Windows 7

I have been using the Dell Inspiron 580 from the past several months. This system was working fine with Windows XP installed at the first time I bought. All the components were perfectly functioning. There after I have installed the Windows Vista operating system. Here also I didn’t get any issue. The system seems working slight slow but it doesn’t make much difference. Later 2 days back I have swapped to Windows 7. I thought it was the best OS for desktop PCs and it was very fast. As I assumed it was the best OS. While using I have lately realized that the Microphone is not working in Windows 7. The drivers seem to be installed properly but I don’t know what the problem is.

Re: Dell Inspiron 580 microphone not working on Windows 7

It seems to me that either your microphone is defective or the port which you have connected the mic. Either way you need to check both things. If both things are perfect then it could be the system settings which might be causing this issue. The microphone may be working properly but your Audio manager is not recognizing it properly. For this issue what you can do is launch the Audio manager and go the Microphone section. There somewhere you might get an option to test the microphone. Check it and you will get to know what the problem is.

First of all make sure that you have installed the Realtek sound manager in your computer. If this is not installed properly then none of the Audio devices will work for you. Sometime the Windows 7 installation fails to install some files or settings related to such devices. It could be due to the failure of hardware or maybe due to the interference during the installation. If this case happened in your computer then some dll files either corrupted or missing. For that you need to scan the system otherwise run the Windows 7 repair utility in order to make it work proper.

Are you using any external or PCI sound card in your computer in order to connect your Mic? If this case so then it slightly seems to me like a driver issue otherwise the hardware failure. You need to check that hardware unit in different computer which is also running Windows 7. AS far as I know that the Windows 7 is best OS in order to run Dell systems. Current Dell PCs previously comes with the Windows 7 installed. The Windows 7 also capable to work with older version drivers. So it obviously issue with hardware failure.

If an elder program doesn't run properly, the foremost, and easiest, fixation to attempt is the Program Compatibility troubleshooter. It is capable to automatically notice and repair familiar issues that stop elder programs from installing otherwise running properly. Release the Program Compatibility troubleshooter via clicking the Start key, and after that clicking Control Panel. Inside the search box, enter troubleshooter, and afterward click Troubleshooting. Beneath Programs, click on top of “Run programs made for previous versions of Windows”.

While you connect a latest device to your PC, Windows automatically attempts to install it in support of you and will inform you if a driver designed for the device can't be establish. Windows can't verify for the most up-to-date drivers except automatic updating is enabled. Nearly all people activate automatic updating the first moment they make use of Windows, except if you're not certain you did, you must test to ensure it’s enabled. Be certain to choose the preference to comprise recommended updates, otherwise Windows will install significant updates merely. Essential updates offer important advantages