Thread: Speakers not responding on Dell Dimension 8300

Speakers not responding on Dell Dimension 8300

I have this problem of audio with Dell Dimension 8300.I don’t know that the problem is but this is something that is really irritating to me.Sound did not work after installing win 7 pro 32 Dell said sound card can't be updated in my 2004 dimension 8300 because it's built-in.So actually I don’t know what I need to do ahead.Please do reply to me on this and then I hope that every thing will be fine with me immediately.

Re: Speakers not responding on Dell Dimension 8300

I think that what you need to do is that you need to update the Intel Pentium 4 chip with 3 GHz.and then I guess that the Intel will recognize your Intel chip so couldn't do that.Also then what you need to do is that you just have to upgrade the graphics card. And then just after doing that you can then successfully installed nvidia geforce 6200 AGP.This is what you need to do and then everything will be fine with you.

I just went through the previous solution and do feel that that is the same way you need to go ahead but I would say that the solution is somewhat incomplete.I think that you need to check the external sound card that you have installed. Also the first installed USB Creative Sound xifi needs to be checked.Also with that you just then need to install the SIIG USB SoundWave 7.1 Pro.And then I am sure that everything will be fine with you.

I think that you just need to check out the speakers initially and then you should proceed further.Also I do feel that you just need to see that the sound card is proper or not.And then once you check that then I guess that you can proceed further with the solutions that have been given out there .But according to me you just need to check with this and then you can just proceed further with the solutions that have been given out there.

I would ask you that do you have the original sound disabled in the BIOS? You can check this out by just clicking the F2 button and then you can check that out during Setup. Also I would say you that it's probably identified as legacy Audio in the BIOS. Also along with that you need to disable that as it can cause conflicts with another sound device. Are you connecting the speakers to the USB sound device? Please do reply to all this and then we will be in a better position to answer the question that you have put up.

Thanks a lot for the solutions that you have given to us and would say that they have been really handful to maxi just went through then but haven’t yet used them but I am sure that once I will use them then everything will be fine with me and there won’t be any problem at all. Also I would like to thank you all for the solutions that you have provided as they have helped me to solve the confusion that I was in.