Thread: How to connect 5.1 amplifier to Dell XPS 8300 with integrated 7.1 audio

How to connect 5.1 amplifier to Dell XPS 8300 with integrated 7.1 audio

I have just bought a Dell XPS 8300 with integrated 7.1 audio. Extremely glad with the acquisition and it is functioning extremely satisfactorily (picture as well as sound) like a HTPC through my 1080p TV by the use of a HDMI cable. On the other hand, while I connect the computer by the use of the optical/digital out to my 5.1 amplifier I barely obtain 2 channels. That is, the RealTek HD Audio Manager barely provides me the selection of 2 channels on moreover the HDMI otherwise digital audio devices and no method to choose surround speakers. Is there any configuration I'm missing to allow surround sound on optical/digital out?

Re: How to connect 5.1 amplifier to Dell XPS 8300 with integrated 7.1 audio

Hence if I'm proper, here's what you contain: COMPUTER-->HDMI--> TV--> RCA --> SOUND SYSTEM. Foremost obsession, I have a comparable thing going away on here at my home excluding I have the sound connected straightforwardly to my PC instead of my Television. Which I don't believe you would like to carry out that seeing as you wish for to watch standard TV on surround sound. What I would make is, connect a cable from your TV away toward your PC (Line-In) and afterward allocate that audio to the speaker system. This method, your PC and your tv are together varied in single place.

You will have to get a 2-in-1 HDMI audio decoder through integrated amplifier which allows you to connect complete digital video as well as audio output from the latest HDMI media source similar to Blue-ray DVD player otherwise Play Station 3 to whichever HDTV, AV receiver, stereo amplifier otherwise preamp intended for the highest visual familiarity with the most excellent sonic superiority. This HDMI digital to analog audio converter backs decoding uncompressed digital LPCM 7.1, 5.1 otherwise 2 channels and fleeting the dense digital Bitstream all the way through HDMI input as well as output ports.

The TV is captivating sound from PC and approaching it from side to side the receiver on top of 2 channels. This will say aloud stereo sound and the cause you may hear noise from each and every one speakers is probable that your receiver is placing it away on all-channel stereo. This is not surrounding sound; you won't obtain the accurate directional sounds as well as base. Furthermore, looking by the side of your system sound specifications, you may not be capable to obtain the surround sound you're anticipating.

If you right-click on top of the speaker icon within Windows System Tray and select Playback devices, you must notice NVIDIA HDMI Out otherwise somewhat of the similar to (in my case it's nVidia, except that's for the reason that the HDMI on my system is a fraction of the nVidia 9600M GS video card). Choose it and thump the Properties push button, afterward the Supported Formats tab. There you will observe that the utmost numeral of audio channels supported via your HDMI audio output port is simply 2, and certainly you would like it to be 6 if you wish for 5.1 surround sound.

Are you searching to route HDMI as well as 5.1/7.1 LPCM Audio toward your accessible Surround Sound System? This exclusive 4x2 HDMI Matrix switch directs together HDMI as well as 5.1/7.1 LPCM ( 8ch) Analog Audio. Wonderful for systems by the use of PS3 which has inside LPCM decoding lying on HDMI. The 4x2 can get the decoded LPCM beginning the PS3 and renovate to 5.1/7.1 ( 8ch) Analog Audio meant for simple assimilation through your lofty end 5.1/7.1 audio receiver/amplifier. Additionally, an Auxillary 5.1/7.1 ( 8ch) audio Input permits you to attach a next Analog 5.1/7.1 resource toward your surround system.