Thread: After Installing HS-1200, no sound with Sound Blaster X-FI Xtremegamer

After Installing HS-1200, no sound with Sound Blaster X-FI Xtremegamer

I recently installed my HS-1200 and now when I go to play music through my speakers with my Sound Blaster X-FI Xtremegamer Fatility Pro, I get nothing. I switch my audio console to the SB, but that doesn't seem to work. I can switch back to my headset and hear sounds, but not through my speakers. Does anyone have a suggestion as to what I can change to make it work? Please help me out to solve this problem. I am waiting for your reply thank you.

Re: After Installing HS-1200, no sound with Sound Blaster X-FI Xtremegamer

Just for your information, The USB headset will be treated as a separate sound card on the computer. So, the features of the existing sound card will not be used by the USB headset. You have to install the CD that came with your USB headset if you want to use the full functionality. Apart from the console launcher which is installed by your sound card, you need to also install the console launcher for the USB headset.

If you want to switch audio output from the USB headset to your speakers/soundcard, you can change the default playback device by following the instructions below. Double click on the Volume Panel icon on your taskbar to launch the Creative Console Launcher. After that click the music note icon on the upper left corner of the window then choose Select Audio Device. Then Select the sound card where you want to output the audio, click OK to save the changes. Since you have X-Fi card installed on your computer, you will have an option for the USB headset or the currently installed sound card. Your X-Fi sound card and your USB headset will both use Creative Console Launcher but they will have different features. Your USB headset only offers Entertainment Mode in the Creative Console Launcher.

Thank you for the prompt response. As far as having everything installed properly, I have gone ahead and installed the drivers and control panel off the disk supplied with the headset. That means, I have both the HS-1200 drivers and console installed, as well as my SB drivers and control panel. I have already going to ahead (with the headset plugged in) and switch all sound to function out of the SB instead of the headset. From what I understand by your reply, as long as I switch to the SB which in my case is switching to SB-X-Fi (9C00) I should get is able to get sound through my speakers.

The instructions I wrote above should switch the audio playback to the speaker or headset. Make sure you downloaded the Console launcher available on the website. This was what I used when I tried it on a vista computer. Make sure sound card driver and apps are installed. Install the USB headset driver and apps. Download the Console Launcher available on the web. If you want to switch audio output from the USB headset to your speakers/soundcard, you can change the default playback device by following the instructions. After you've finished selecting where to output the audio (speaker/headset) in the console launcher and Sound playback in the control panel, restart the application you're using. So if you're using Windows Media Player to play Mp3 files, close/open WMP. It should route the music to either speaker/headset.