Thread: One channel not working on Gigaworks S750

One channel not working on Gigaworks S750

Today I was playing 7.1 audio through my Gigaworks S750 sound system when the rear left speaker just cut out. Well it made a buzzing noise and then cut out. The channel no longer works. The speaker works fine plugged into another channel. Any other speaker plugged into the rear left channel does not work either. Have tried turning off both computer and speakers at the wall. Have unplugged and re-plugged all my cables. What can I try? Are there any fuses I can replace? I did not keep the boxes it came in and so although they are within warranty I probably can't claim it.

Re: One channel not working on Gigaworks S750

If it occurs after leaving them on for a while, it could be a heat issue. When you notice that the channel is no longer working, feel the amp's back plate. If you are unable to hold your hand there for 5 seconds, it is definitely too hot. You can also test this by putting a fan blowing on the amp plate and seeing if it takes longer for the problem to appear or if it never appears at all.

I have had similar problems with my S750 on the same channel. With my set it doesn’t cut out completely it has noise on the channel when playing audio, specifically low frequencies. It also 'clips' at higher volumes when brassy tracks are played might want to see if it’s doing that as well? It would seem that as was mentioned earlier it’s down to a faulty amp. It now plays noise over all the channels and clips at lower volumes distorting audio etc so it’s a developing fault that like yours turn it off for the night come back to it and it’s not there, for a little while anyway then it returns.

Check if the Gigworks S750 is under warranty period or not. If that is under warranty then you can directly contact the dealer and ask them about the problem. If you find that they are not very useful then you can make the contact with the manufacturer and they will surely help you to resolve the problem. As it is under warranty so will not be charged for that.

I am facing this as well. I am glad that I haven't put these cables under the floor yet but I'm scared that if I ever do it will be pack-up time again. I don't want this to keep continuing until my warranty period is up and then have to pay for them to replace it after that. This speaker system is new. Originally bought it in April and have recently had the amp replaced by RMA, but it happens again. The replacement one failed faster than the original one so they haven't made any progress in fixing whatever the problem is. Anyway, rant over. I'm interested to know if others have had the same situation with their replacements. Should I try again for RMA?