Thread: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, speakers & headset both connected, only sound from headset?

Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, speakers & headset both connected, only sound from headset?

I have a sound blaster x-fi titanium HD and I have Logitech z-2300 speakers and creative fatal1ty MKii headset. I have both of them plugged in at the same time but sound only comes from the headset as soon as I disconnect the headset, my speakers come on how can I get both of them to play at the same time when connected? I can't find the option anywhere in control panels. Thanks in advanced!

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, speakers & headset both connected, only sound from headset?

I don't think you can do that. I've tested this with a set of speakers and Creative Tactic3D Sigma headset (using the 3.5mm mini-jack), the behavior is the same as you described. You won't be able to get both of them to play at the same time. That means every time you want to play game with your headphones, you have to plug it in? And every time you want to watch a movie you would have to disconnect your headphones again?

Re: Sound Blaster X-Fi Titanium HD, speakers & headset both connected, only sound from headset?

However someone here said that it is not possible hardware-wise. I guess both outputs (RCA and headphone jack) are connected to the same circuit, and the headphones and speakers would interfere with each other. For example, if you connect a low-impedance headphone and high-impedance speakers to the same jack via a Y-cable, the speakers would drop in volume. So you would get the same result by buying a Y-cable and hooking both speakers and headphones up to the same output.

With this card you can have sound from the headphones and speakers in one manner: Connect your headphones on the back panel headphone out. Leave Dolby or DTS encoding active if you have a digital connection and your will have sound of your speakers and headphones at the same time. If you have analog speakers, of course, this will not work for you.

Line-out and headphone both have dedicated opamps, so it won't decrease sound volume or degrade sound quality compared to using a Y splitter. I don't think CL is so stupid to design the hardware that when a pair of headphone is connected, the line-out is disconnected automatically. It should be controllable in driver. DTS would only be needed for multichannel audio (5.1) over optical, but the Z-2300 is purely analog. So the only option will be a splitter cable.

Quote Originally Posted by arjun rantu View Post
    With this card you can have sound from the headphones and speakers in one manner: Connect your headphones on the back panel headphone out. Leave Dolby or DTS encoding active if you have a digital connection and your will have sound of your speakers and headphones at the same time. If you have analog speakers, of course, this will not work for you.
    Hello everyone.

I'm not a huge tech guy, but I have "Titanium HD" and other audio stuff on their way plus this thread is very closely related to my near-future expectations, so here is the question (or more of a need for clarification actually):

I will use two of those regular RCA outputs and one optical output. Will that play simultaneously without any problems?

Quote Originally Posted by Pinokis View Post
    Hello everyone.

I'm not a huge tech guy, but I have "Titanium HD" and other audio stuff on their way plus this thread is very closely related to my near-future expectations, so here is the question (or more of a need for clarification actually):

I will use two of those regular RCA outputs and one optical output. Will that play simultaneously without any problems?
    I think that the ALT3-4 connections on your mixer are outputs, not inupts. You need to connect those to the INPUTS of your SoundBlaster. Connext the outputs of your SoundBlaster to the TAPE inputs on the mixer. Read your instruction manual. You can connect the ALT outputs to your sound card inputs, but you can't connect your sound card outputs to the ALT inputs, because there aren't any.