Thread: Require some info about s750 sub speaker

Require some info about s750 sub speaker

Friends, my s750 subwoofer amp has finally died along with the warranty and so I removed the amp from the subwoofer and threw it away and went and bought a 7.1 av receiver and an 8 ohm sub power amp to power the system in my own way. The problem I have is I don’t know how to wire up the subwoofer to the power amp because the subwoofer seems to have three red and three black cables coming from it. I am not a speaker genius but what kind of subwoofer is this and how do I go about wiring it to my amp?

Re: Require some info about s750 sub speaker

I was hoping you got a mono amplifier! To get that woofer to work properly. A combination of series and parallel connection would be used. An AudioSource AMP 5.3A Monoblock Amplifier would be the way to go. If you can, return the QSC and get the AudioSource. If not, then you will only be using half of the QSC amp. This is the only thing that I can suggest you at the time and hope that it will help you as well.

You can start with the closest two pair of connectors. You are going to connect the RED to RED and BLACK to Black "parallel connection". This will make the two 8 ohms coil one 4 ohms coil. Then connect the two combine "RED to RED" wire to the single BLACK wire of the third coil connector. The woofer is now configured for 12 ohms. This will leave you with two combine, BLACK to BLACK and a single RED wire. These two will be connected to the power amplifier. The combine RED to RED to BLACK wires must be insulated and NOT connected to anything. This configuration is for use with a 8 ohms power amplifier.

I would like to tell you that for a 4 ohms amplifier, you would use this configuration. Starting with the closest two pair of connectors. Connect RED wire from connector/coil #1 to BLACK wire of connector/coil 2. Insulate these two wires! Then connect BLACK wire from connector/coil 3 to BLACK wire of connector/coil 1. Then connect RED wire from connector/coil #3 to RED wire of connector/coil #2. These wires will be connected to the amplifier. I measure 5 ohms on my DMM with this configuration.

I have some options for you here:
    • Just find a powered subwoofer. Since the onkyo has a low level output. This would save you the extra external amp and the use of the s750 woofer.
    • Return onkyo receiver and obtain a simplified digital 7075 amplifier. This would work with the 7, s700 speakers and a powered subwoofer of your choice. This amp is design to be used with a pc! It senses power from your pc USB connection to power up. I have this setup on one of my pc. It simply blows the s750 speaker system away. I first started out using the 7, s700 speakers with a definitive technology prosub 1000. But later replaced the s700 speakers with definitive premonitory 80s speakers.

I have over 2500watts RMS from 5 amps running from my audigy 2zs and the sound is better than any so called computer speaker system made ,My Satalite speakers are my custom design and i have 2 10" (going to replace with 2 15"s ) in ported boxes. And for those amps mounted in sub boxs, let’s say not to smart. The vibration will vibrate the parts off the pc board .I could hookup his amps and speakers in minutes .