Thread: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series SPDIF fails

X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series SPDIF fails

I currently have a PCI Express X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series in my PC that runs Windows 7. I am using it with a Onkyo HT-R980 amplifier. Between my PC and amplifier there is an optical cable of 3 meters (profigold). My computer runs the latest soundblaster software and drivers. When I play movies or sound on my computer, my amplifier works great in the beginning. Only after a few minutes the sound fails for no reason whatsoever. Then after a minute, sometimes 2 or 5, the sound comes back again. Or it fails again for a minute. If I am lucky the sound works for an hour or a whole movie. There just is no logic in it. I also tried this setup with an Onkyo TX-SR578, which had exactly the same problem. Right now I am getting so tired of this problem. It can be quite irritating if the sound fails in the middle of a movie. A reboot of my computer brings the sound back also. Anyone knows what I can do to solve this problem?

Re: X-Fi Titanium Fatal1ty Pro Series SPDIF fails

I've got the same problem except my SPDIF do not work at all!! I am using windows xp and Pioneer vsx-920 av receiver there is no signal in SPDIF socket and I did everything I could installing an uninstalling drivers changing PCI slot and still do not work. So God knows what to do with this problem, no hope. My SPDIF optical output fails very often. But when it's just on in the beginning, it does work for a while.

I can help you but for that you need to reply some of the questions so that I can come to know what your problem is. Did this happen right out of the box? Does this happen regardless of what is playing, music, games, etc? What application did you use to play the movie? Please play a dvd movie using the PowerDVD software to see if the same problem occurs.

Yes, this problem exists right out of the box. Though it seems that playing music files like mp3's work flawlessly through the optical cable. I played a few hours yesterday without any problems. When I play for example .mkv files, then the problem occurs intermittently. Games do not seem to be a problem either, but I use a headset when I play games. I don't know if the problem also persists with games. I'll do some testing and will report back as soon as possible.

I noticed in my case problem caused turned on automatic windows update. So, one day my music card was working next day do not working while I restore computer to the previous day everything was ok, next update patches has been install and NO SOUND again so I restore again and again and again. I was tired then I decided format Pc I install new windows xp , turn off automatic updates and now everything works perfect ! .Formatting was necessary because software was impossible to uninstall (I don’t remember the name but I've seen it in restore point, that was the last thing on the list, and always install itself when you turn Pc off) I checked online and so many people suffer because this dodgy windows patches are useless, causing only more problem. No more windows update!

Yesterday I brought back the card. I did my story to the desk attendant and he gave me a repair receipt. I gave the employee the card and printout of the email I send to their helpdesk earlier. I also told him that if the card only works with an optical cable less than 3 meters, this is not going to be a solution for me because my audio equipment and computer are that far apart of each other. I am hoping this repair is not going to take too long. Also, I have been looking for other alternatives. I found out my video card has a spdif in! Two wire connection that is. So I successfully connected my on board sound card to my video card. I know have good working sound through my dvi connection! Why didn't I think of that before?