Thread: X-Fi titanium Drivers crashing gtx 570

X-Fi titanium Drivers crashing gtx 570

I have been experiencing game crashes in all games and there seems to be a high pitched squeel now from the speakers now that I have installed my new gtx 570. I used to have a gtx 260 core 216 and had zero problems. I went through all the driver installations, operating system installs, memory testing, and bios flashing I can do. The games simply will not stop crashing. I pulled out the sound card and uninstalled the drivers with driver sweeper and no more crashing. Anyone else having this issue and have found a solution to my problem?

Re: X-Fi titanium Drivers crashing gtx 570

The card was overclocked the day it came from factory. I have not overclocked the card further than that. The cpu was not overclocked after i flashed the bios and reinstalled the drivers and i still had crashes. I changed the multiplier back to 17 after i found it didn’t function. I'm a little confused about running the pci-e slot out of spec. Do you mean voltage? Frequency? Or some other setting? I was unable to change the voltage to the card using MSI afterburner and as far as setting other pci-e settings i haven’t touched. Just curious what should the settings be in the bios for the pci-e slot?

I am not familiar with your chipset and board features. So. Sometimes when you over clock, it can get you busses out of whack (FSB and that can increase your pci-e bus ECT). My advice is drop everything back to default, and see if you still have the lock ups. If you still do, then other measures may need to be taken. One quick Question. Did you have another Sound card installed before the Titanium? If you did this may be causing your problem.

I did not have another sound card installed before the titanium. After a flashed the bios the multiplier was set back to 15 and i didn’t set it back to 17 until i reinstalled all the drivers and found out the games were still crashing. I also tried installing the gfx card and sound card in different configurations on the motherboard and that didn’t do the trick either.