Thread: Printing Error 306 : A Communication Error Has Occurred

Printing Error 306 : A Communication Error Has Occurred

Hi,

I have a Canon MX300 installed which seemed to print fine for a while, but now when I try to print I get: Error Number : 306 A communication error has occurred. Make sure that the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and properly connected to your computer. Then try printing again. I checked both the lan settings on the printer and from the utility and both have the same IP address. I have no idea what to do to make it work. Any suggestions?

Re: Printing Error 306 : A Communication Error Has Occurred

Did you use the CD that came with your printer or did you download the software from Canon's website? Uninstall whatever you've installed, and try to get the printer working first. You just installed the printer drivers from Canon, from here, and then remove and attempt to re-add the printer to the printing preference pane.

To resolve your printing error 306 : follow the steps below
    1. Start Home Applications, go to Utilities, select Utility Printer Setup
    2. Hold down the "option" key and click on "More Printers" button
    3. From the main menu, select "Advanced"
    4. In the next dialog box, under Device: select field "LPD / LPR Host or Printer"
    5. In the device of the "URL:" lpd://PCName/PrinterShareName
    6. Click the "Add

I also had the same Error 306, A communication error has occurred. Make sure the printer is plugged in, powered-on, and well connected to your computer" networking on my MacBook Pro and a router with my Canon MP620 I also tried to change drivers, reinstalling the Canon software, removing the printer from the lists, etc. I realized that the only recent change was the WPA WEP encryption on the router - I had read that it was safer to have a WPA changed. I changed the WEP hexadecimal back to 64 and removed and now prints with no error code

nicolastraffic1 Guest

if this error is coming then it means there is a problem in connectivity of the printer and the pc make sure all the connections are tightly bound or not then check the power status of printer and also make sure of data cabla of printer is attached in the correct port or not.

I received this error when I had inadvertently connected on a neighbor's WiFi signal instead of my home's signal. Once I changed to the correct network, I was able to print.